Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
I've only started with FCPX in the last few weeks, so please be gentle lol.

The video is a showreel for my new business her in the UK. I'm trying to keep the edits simple and clean, hate overly jazzy edits. Any thoughts/critique would be welcome.

https://vimeo.com/100805007

profwilliams

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2009
Looks great!!

It took me a moment to realize that ALL the shots were from above-- didn't realize the name of your company-iSky.

Perhaps add a title with a simple detail of what you/your company does?

I also found it too long- after 2 mins., I was like, hey another great overhead shot....

Amazing looking though-- I'd hire you!!!

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Thanks for the comments. You ae correct on too long. The original idea was to pick a subject, water was supposed to be my first project which is the first part of the promo. Never got time to finish a rivers journey.
I may split it into two halves thanks :)

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Like the last post said a bit to long to get your message over. Nothing wrong with the idea. I would be inclined to edit the beginning with dissolves instead of fade ins.
In practise you are taking to long to advertise your product.
I can see many other people trying this new method of filming.
Well Done and Good Luck.:)

ppenn

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2013
What are you looking for criticism on? The edits are just simple dissolves which is all that is needed for a price like this.

I would ditch the vignette as they are too noticeable and in my opinion unnecessarily ugly. My though was maybe you added it to cover up the fisheye? In my opinion it would have looked better without the vignette, even with fisheye.

Keep up the work and thanks for putting yourself out there for criticism!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.