Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona
I'm going to be blunt here.

That is about the most that the NFL can do. If he brought the game or the league into disrepute, then it would be another story. But as this was off-field, there is little the NFL (read: the LEAGUE) could do.

Now, the football club, is a different story. The league could suspend him; that is about as much as the league could do. Then the team could either fine or suspend him (preferably both), or worse: terminate his contract. Then after that, let the law deal with him.

Everyone is thinking that the league is be all/end all here, where this has much more of a cascading effect than people are thinking about. Let the league dole out its punishment. Then the team. Then the law. He'll get some recoil from this fair enough. But let it be a tiered approach instead of everyone being up in arms about what's happened so far.

BL.

This is all 100% true. However, in a situation like this, disciplining should be done differently. First, he should not be allowed to play until this is settled in court. These are tremendous allegations and there is significant video evidence. If he is found innocent, let the suspension be-time served. If he is guilty, go from there. Why is Goodell passing such a weak judgement before the case is settled?

On a side-note, do you really have faith in the courts to prosecute a multi-millionaire? There may be a 5% chance. ;)

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona
I think the word you are looking for is 'representative', not 'sponsor'.

However, you are looking at this from the mindset of the sport, and not the mindset of a business. The sport hasn't been really called into disrepute, so try to separate the sport, because the league has.

Just like the NBA, McDonalds, Burger King, and Subway, the NFL teams are franchises: businesses of their own. Rice works for the owner of the franchise, and that is who he needs to answer to as far as his job and reputation as a footballer for that team goes. To be honest, his punishment/repercussions should be tons worse from his teammates, franchise, and franchise owner than what it has been, as well as what it has been from the league.

Now, if he had done something like what Greg Williams did in the AFL a few years ago while arguing with his opponent and shoved and pushed an umpire/referee down, that's a different story, as that calls his conduct in the sport into disrepute (subsequently, Williams was suspended for 9 matches). Or like the biter guy in the World Cup. That's where the league and officials come in.

For this, the worst should come from the law (the woman and the VAWA will deal with him financially), followed by the owner of the franchise for whom he works (who should take his job, to be honest). If he's lucky, he'll work his way back in from the CFL or Japan, after a few rounds of rehab and counseling.

BL.

I'm pretty sure if Jared from Subway was caught doing the same thing, his skinny ass would be long gone. :rolleyes: How is this not the same?

Edit: The NFL is a combination of 32 franchises. As comissioner of the NFL, Goodell has the power to ban anyone. He is the "Supreme Court". The teams are more like "State Courts". IMHO, his ruling should come at the end, after everything else. The team will not even slap Rice's wrist. They aren't going to have that "money"on a bench any longer than necessary.

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind

However, you are looking at this from the mindset of the sport, and not the mindset of a business. The sport hasn't been really called into disrepute, so try to separate the sport, because the league has.

Just like the NBA, McDonalds, Burger King, and Subway, the NFL teams are franchises: businesses of their own. Rice works for the owner of the franchise, and that is who he needs to answer to as far as his job and reputation as a footballer for that team goes. To be honest, his punishment/repercussions should be tons worse from his teammates, franchise, and franchise owner than what it has been, as well as what it has been from the league.

Now, if he had done something like what Greg Williams did in the AFL a few years ago while arguing with his opponent and shoved and pushed an umpire/referee down, that's a different story, as that calls his conduct in the sport into disrepute (subsequently, Williams was suspended for 9 matches). Or like the biter guy in the World Cup. That's where the league and officials come in.

For this, the worst should come from the law (the woman and the VAWA will deal with him financially), followed by the owner of the franchise for whom he works (who should take his job, to be honest). If he's lucky, he'll work his way back in from the CFL or Japan, after a few rounds of rehab and counseling.

BL.

I'm not sure if you've read my previous response, or if you follow the NFL, but the NFL already has a history of punishing crimes that have nothing to do with the "sport". Roethlisberger received a 4 game suspension for an allegation of rape that he was never charged for. And of course there have been numerous suspensions for drugs. There is a personal conduct clause that allows for discipline if the commissioner sees fit.

Also for those that don't know, he was entered into a pretrial intervention program. If he completes it without incident, the charges will be dismissed. There is also apparently a video of the actual punch in the elevator (an uppercut) that has yet to be released.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Let us get as close to"apples-to-apples" as we can. Suh was suspended for stomping on a Packer player. He received two games. Now, he wasn't knocked unconcious, nor did he press charges. Is this just as bad as beating your wife?

Sorry, I can't look at an in-game infraction and a domestic abuse case and say that's an "apples-to-apples" comparison. If anything, you're furthering my argument.

I am also curious as to how this incident does not relate to the game?

I don't remember saying it doesn't relate to the game, but I'll play along.

There's nothing in any football rule book about domestic assault. It doesn't give one player or team a competitive advantage over another.

Rice is basically a representative of the NFL.

Okay, I could go along with that.

Everything that these players do as a direct effect on the game.

No, I don't think so.

Why do you think they get suspended and fined for DUI'S and such?

One guess is because the league has rules specifically spelled out concerning substance abuse, but in any event, I never suggested that suspending him was out of line.

First, he should not be allowed to play until this is settled in court.

Whoa, now - are you suggesting that ANYONE accused of a criminal offense should not be allowed to go to work, or just NFL players? You're really reaching now.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT

BL.
Speaking of owners, Jim Irsay was arrested for DUI and possession, yet he has not been suspended from the league.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...m-irsay-charged-two-misdemeanors-march-arrest

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
Sorry, I can't look at an in-game infraction and a domestic abuse case and say that's an "apples-to-apples" comparison. If anything, you're furthering my argument.

There's nothing in any football rule book about domestic assault. It doesn't give one player or team a competitive advantage over another.

Okay, I could go along with that.

No, I don't think so.

One guess is because the league has rules specifically spelled out concerning substance abuse, but in any event, I never suggested that suspending him was out of line.

Whoa, now - are you suggesting that ANYONE accused of a criminal offense should not be allowed to go to work, or just NFL players? You're really reaching now.

You're completely ignoring the personal conduct policy that the NFL has....

You can read it here.

Here's a snippet:

Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and
subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime.
Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances:

• Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving: the use or threat of violence;
domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex
offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest; disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money
laundering;
• Criminal offenses relating to steroids and prohibited substances, or substances of abuse;
• Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace;
• Possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting, including but not limited to
stadiums, team facilities, training camp, locker rooms, team planes, buses, parking lots, etc., or
unlawful possession of a weapon outside of the workplace;
• Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person; and
• Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or
NFL players.

And again, Roethlsberger was given a 6 game suspension (4 after appeal) for an allegation that didn't even lead to charges. That's more apples to apples than the Suh comparison, but you can argue that Rice's is worse as he has been adjudicated and there is ample video evidence.

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona

You got me there.

See Moyank post...

No, I don't think so.

I don't understand how you can agree with the former, yet not the latter...:confused:

Sorry, I took your quote out of context. My bad.

Not everyone, but certainly those with a conduct policy outlined in their contracts. I.E. Football players, baseball, basketball, hockey... ABSOLUTELY. 100%

----------

I'm not sure if you've read my previous response, or if you follow the NFL, but the NFL already has a history of punishing crimes that have nothing to do with the "sport". Roethlisberger received a 4 game suspension for an allegation of rape that he was never charged for. And of course there have been numerous suspensions for drugs. There is a personal conduct clause that allows for discipline if the commissioner sees fit.

Also for those that don't know, he was entered into a pretrial intervention program. If he completes it without incident, the charges will be dismissed. There is also apparently a video of the actual punch in the elevator (an uppercut) that has yet to be released.

Oh that punch was released. It spread real fast, but was covered up. It was gnarly. ... still makes me mad.:mad:

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

I have to admit, I haven't followed the NFL since the mid-80s. Sounds blasphemous coming from Nebraska, where the state religion is football. But honestly, it started to bore me with all the stop/start play, timeouts, challenges, and to be honest, padding.

That's why I got hooked on Aussie Rules Football. None of that, and basically, anything goes. As far as something like Rice happening in the AFL, both the league and the club handle it, and they don't take the BS that goes on in the NFL. Match review panel reviews every game to see if there is any misconduct, and there's a tribunal that handles any contests for suspensions/reprimands/fines. Perhaps it is time to implement something like that in the NFL.

BL.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Roethlsberger was given a 6 game suspension (4 after appeal) for an allegation that didn't even lead to charges. That's more apples to apples than the Suh comparison, but you can argue that Rice's is worse as he has been adjudicated and there is ample video evidence.

Yes. You could argue all day long whether Roethlisberger's transgression (if it indeed took place; I really have no idea one way or the other) or Rice's is worse - but, going back to my original argument, neither one is a 16-game suspension for a drug infraction, because drug infractions are specifically spelled out by the league. Domestic abuse and sexual misconduct, although lumped in with the "personal conduct policy" you mentioned, and neither one has a specific punishment listed next to it. The drug abuse policy does. That was my original statement.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
Yes. You could argue all day long whether Roethlisberger's transgression (if it indeed took place; I really have no idea one way or the other) or Rice's is worse - but, going back to my original argument, neither one is a 16-game suspension for a drug infraction, because drug infractions are specifically spelled out by the league. Domestic abuse and sexual misconduct, although lumped in with the "personal conduct policy" you mentioned, and neither one has a specific punishment listed next to it. The drug abuse policy does. That was my original statement.

I can't remember what your original statement was! :eek:

However, I believe you said that the league had less leeway as there weren't specific punishments written out, as there were with substance abuse and PED's and, when in reality, the league actually has MORE leeway with the personal conduct policy (and other actions that don't directly effect the game itself). They also have a precedent set with the Roethlisberger suspension.

At the end of the day, as a woman, and as a season ticket holder, I'm ticked off. I think it was handled poorly from the beginning, especially by the Ravens (who have already shown themselves to be a classless organization) and now by the league.

The league will continue to sell pink jerseys and have the players wear pink cleats one game / season and continue to remind us how much they love and respect women. And that will make it all better. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
At the end of the day, as a woman, and as a season ticket holder, I'm ticked off. I think it was handled poorly from the beginning, especially by the Ravens (who have already shown themselves to be a classless organization) and now by the league.

You hit the nail on the head here.

As a person with a sense of decency, I'm ticked off that his team and his head coach haven't done more to emphasize that they don't condone his behavior.

In the end, Rice works for the Ravens, not for the NFL. As far as I'm concerned, the onus is on his team to send the message that behavior like his won't be tolerated. I care a lot less about what the league thinks (largely because I have contempt for the league as a whole, for many reasons outside of this incident).

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona
You hit the nail on the head here.

As a person with a sense of decency, I'm ticked off that his team and his head coach haven't done more to emphasize that they don't condone his behavior.

In the end, Rice works for the Ravens, not for the NFL. As far as I'm concerned, the onus is on his team the message that behavior like his won't be tolerated. I care a lot less about what the league thinks (largely because I have contempt for the league as a whole, for many reasons outside of this incident).

I completely understand where you are coming from. Yet, I still disagree with your detachment of Rice from the NFL. The Ravens are but a sliver of the pie that is the NFL. So just because you hold contempt for the NFL, you think the burden of discipline should land soley on the shoulders of the franchise? So, instead of confronting the root of the problem(that is the NFL) we should blame the team(that follows the NFL's bylaws)?

With that mindset, it would take decades to fix the problem. You should probably run for Senate. :D

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
So ESPN sacked Stephen A. Smith over his comments pertaining to Rice for a week.

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona
So ESPN sacked Stephen A. Smith over his comments pertaining to Rice for a week.

As he should have. The way his temper is, I would be surprised if he didn't go home and beat his wife shortly after being suspended.

"Do you see what you made me do!"-Stephen

What a joke... what little respect I had for him is now LONG gone.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
So, instead of confronting the root of the problem(that is the NFL) we should blame the team(that follows the NFL's bylaws)?

No, we should confront the root of the problem (Rice) and have his employer (his team) deal with it. Believe it or not, Rice doesn't have a contract with the league, and is not one of its employees; he's the team's problem, first and foremost.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
No, we should confront the root of the problem (Rice) and have his employer (his team) deal with it. Believe it or not, Rice doesn't have a contract with the league, and is not one of its employees; he's the team's problem, first and foremost.

This. And if it came to it, the league could sanction the team. But it is a far stretch for the league to shake down the entire team for one man's actions. I mean, I would support it if they did, but it is hard to watch someone on that team who has been married to their wife for double-digit years and raised 2 or 3 loving kids get shaken down because of someone who beat their wife.

It isn't the first guy's fault, which is why it puts the league in a precarious situation with very little that it can do.

BL.

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona

Wow, way to take what I said out of context. We were talking about whos problem it was to discipline. You are the one who brought up your contempt for the NFL. I simply pointed out that you think the NFL has a problem, and that is why you do not hold them responsible for disciplining Rice. Your words, not mine.

Now, you are saying that Rice does not have a contract with the league. As a matter of fact, he does. His contract with the Ravens IS the contract with the NFL. You do know that, right? In each and every single contract that is signed, it explicitly states that the comissioner has the power to fine, suspend and even terminate a players contract. They are the end all, be all, final word.

The point being, the team should punish their own player, you are absolutely correct. But, if said team fails to deliver a realistic punishment, the NFL should then step in and "put the hammer down". Goodell is a moron. God that feels good to type.;)

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Wow, way to take what I said out of context. We were talking about whos problem it was to discipline. You are the one who brought up your contempt for the NFL. I simply pointed out that you think the NFL has a problem, and that is why you do not hold them responsible for disciplining Rice. Your words, not mine.

Now, you are saying that Rice does not have a contract with the league. As a matter of fact, he does. His contract with the Ravens IS the contract with the NFL. You do know that, right? In each and every single contract that is signed, it explicitly states that the comissioner has the power to fine, suspend and even terminate a players contract. They are the end all, be all, final word.

The point being, the team should punish their own player, you are absolutely correct. But, if said team fails to deliver a realistic punishment, the NFL should then step in and "put the hammer down". Goodell is a moron. God that feels good to type.;)

Agreed; if the franchise owner(s) don't deliver adequate punishment, then the league should step in. but what should the ramifications of such punishment be? It couldn't go after the single person without going through the entire team or the owners of the franchise first.

Someone working at Mcdonald's corporate in Des Plaines, Illinois couldn't go off and fire a person working on the grill at the restaurant on the Turner Turnpike in Vinita, Oklahoma, as they'd have to deal with the franchise owner first.

Same applies with the NFL. The NFL operates the league, while the franchise owners operate the teams. The League can suspend/block Rice from playing in any league games, but that's roughly it. Anything further would have to involve the franchise owner(s). There's a line of demarcation there that has to be observed.

That isn't saying that I support the team and their actions; quite the opposite: Rice needs more done to him. But we're talking the concepts of franchising here.

BL.

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona
Agreed; if the franchise owner(s) don't deliver adequate punishment, then the league should step in. but what should the ramifications of such punishment be? It couldn't go after the single person without going through the entire team or the owners of the franchise first.

Someone working at Mcdonald's corporate in Des Plaines, Illinois couldn't go off and fire a person working on the grill at the restaurant on the Turner Turnpike in Vinita, Oklahoma, as they'd have to deal with the franchise owner first.

Same applies with the NFL. The NFL operates the league, while the franchise owners operate the teams. The League can suspend/block Rice from playing in any league games, but that's roughly it. Anything further would have to involve the franchise owner(s). There's a line of demarcation there that has to be observed.

That isn't saying that I support the team and their actions; quite the opposite: Rice needs more done to him. But we're talking the concepts of franchising here.

BL.

It is a delicate situation, sure, but the NFL COULD say "Rice cannot play, and he will not be payed"... Yes, they absolutely can. And guess what? The franchise(Ravens) would not be able to do a damn thing about it. The team answers to the league, not the other way around.

This outcome is BS. Goodell could have done and should have done a whole lot more to make an example out of Rice. This guy is literally celebrating his punishment, I guarantee that.

:mad:

Edit: I would fine him heavily and probably make him sit the regular season, personally. I really don't think you guys understand how the NFL works. As commissioner, Goodell has the power to terminate anyone's contract. The owner could fight it, but he would lose. It's not like the Ravens would go to war with the NFL. Every game is a league game. It isn't like Rugby or soccer. The NFL is exclusive. It's a dictatorship, not a democracy(as my father always loved to say).

Last edited:

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
How you can be a female NFL fan at this point is beyond me. Also, the pink in October needs to stop, because the NFL obviously doesn't give a crap about women based on this nonsense ruling.

And what the heck is with the Ravens? When there's video of Rice abusing his significant other and he gets off, you don't follow it up by celebrating him. You bury it and bury it deep.

I can't wait until he comes back and is terrible anyway.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I simply pointed out that you think the NFL has a problem, and that is why you do not hold them responsible for disciplining Rice. Your words, not mine.

Those weren't my words. My words were that I don't really care what the league thinks.

I also didn't say that the league has no authority to punish him; what I said is that it's first and foremost his team's responsibility, since his contract is with them.

Now, you are saying that Rice does not have a contract with the league. As a matter of fact, he does.

As a matter of fact, he does not. He has a contract with the Ravens. The Ravens have a contract with the league. The league does have some degree of authority over players, but that doesn't mean that the player's contract with the league, and it doesn't mean that the league is his primary employer.

But, if said team fails to deliver a realistic punishment, the NFL should then step in and "put the hammer down".

Here's what I'm getting at - what is "realistic," and who gets to define it? You? Goodell?

My original point, if you go back far enough, is that such a standard has not been codified by the league. Punishments for substance abuse offenses have.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
Those weren't my words. My words were that I don't really care what the league thinks.

I also didn't say that the league has no authority to punish him; what I said is that it's first and foremost his team's responsibility, since his contract is with them.

As a matter of fact, he does not. He has a contract with the Ravens. The Ravens have a contract with the league. The league does have some degree of authority over players, but that doesn't mean that the player's contract with the league, and it doesn't mean that the league is his primary employer.

Here's what I'm getting at - what is "realistic," and who gets to define it? You? Goodell?

My original point, if you go back far enough, is that such a standard has not been codified by the league. Punishments for substance abuse offenses have.

Goodell, in his role as Lord of the Shield, gets to define it. A role that he has gone out of the way to embrace.

Once it became obvious that the Ravens weren't going to treat this seriously - they marched the victim out and had her apologize in a press conference - it fell on his shoulders. And as camp got underway, they continue to dig themselves a deeper hole.

Is there a set punishment for knocking your girlfriend out? No. However, as mentioned many times before, he did create some sort of precedent with the Roethlisberger suspension.

It's extremely curious that Goodell, who normally has no problem sticking his face in front of microphones, has had underlings comment. In the face of a ton of criticism, he hasn't said a word.

And in terms of this discussion, I think we can all have an opinion on what is "realistic". And I don't think this punishment is.

Do you?

Last edited:

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
And in terms of this discussion, I think we can all have an opinion on what is "realistic". And I don't think this punishment is.

Do you?

I do have an opinion. My wish is that since what he did happened off the field and doesn't affect competition in any way, that he simply be disciplined by the courts (criminal and civil), and that his employer - meaning the Ravens, not the league - discipline him in a way that they see fit.

The reason I will call this opinion (and that's all it is) "realistic" is because if I were to beat my wife, that's exactly what would happen to me. I'd likely go to jail, I could possibly get sued, and I would lose my license as a result of being incarcerated - meaning I would most likely lose my job. That's "realistic."

Now, if the courts decide to give him a slap on the wrist, I can have an opinion about that, too. I don't necessarily think that it's up to someone else to punish him if they don't believe the courts acted harshly enough; it would be my wish that his team punish him or not on their own judgment, regardless of what (or whether) the courts do to him.

I understand that the league's rules say they can punish him; I don't necessarily believe they should. That's the team's job.

In my opinion, that's realistic.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm going to be blunt here.

That is about the most that the NFL can do. If he brought the game or the league into disrepute, then it would be another story. But as this was off-field, there is little the NFL (read: the LEAGUE) could do.

Now, the football club, is a different story. The league could suspend him; that is about as much as the league could do. Then the team could either fine or suspend him (preferably both), or worse: terminate his contract. Then after that, let the law deal with him.

Everyone is thinking that the league is be all/end all here, where this has much more of a cascading effect than people are thinking about. Let the league dole out its punishment. Then the team. Then the law. He'll get some recoil from this fair enough. But let it be a tiered approach instead of everyone being up in arms about what's happened so far.

BL.

I don't completely agree that his actions being off-field and out of season had anything to do with the consequences he faced. Although murder is not domestic abuse, I feel the following still applies…loosely. Belichick quite literally, as I recall it, tossed Hernandez even before he was arraigned. The second there was a ripple in the water and a question of his involvement, Belichick gave him the boot. This is exactly what Harbaugh should do. Maybe not give him the boot, but take a stand. Maybe Harbaugh needs the NFL to back the decision, I haven't looked into that, but I really thought that Belichick put his concerns about ticket sales and Super Bowls aside and just took the poison out of the water before the team was affected.

Then again, I suppose if Ray Lewis was able to continue to play after he murdered...no wait, didn't murder...then may as well let his buddy Rice stick around.

How you can be a female NFL fan at this point is beyond me. Also, the pink in October needs to stop, because the NFL obviously doesn't give a crap about women based on this nonsense ruling.

And what the heck is with the Ravens? When there's video of Rice abusing his significant other and he gets off, you don't follow it up by celebrating him. You bury it and bury it deep.

I can't wait until he comes back and is terrible anyway.
With such an absurd comment as this, the only response possible has to be equally absurd. I am a female NFL fan and I will continue to be because what Ray Rice did is indeed or should have been met with a harsher consequence than a 2-game suspension; however, there are all kinds of players who are doing all kinds of horrible things. They continue to play along. So really, as a male, if you continue to be a fan of the NFL then you clearly have zero respect for all women. Can you see the absurdity in that manner of thinking?

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona
Player Contract
Article XV Player Contracts
15.1 All contracts between clubs and players shall be executed in triplicate and be in the form adopted by the member clubs of the League; such contract shall be known as the “NFL Player Contract.” Subject to the provisions of Section 9.1(C)(8) hereof, a club may delete portions of or otherwise amend the NFL Player Contract subject to the right of the Commissioner to disapprove the same, as provided by Section 15.4 hereof.

You were saying?:rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, HE DOES. You should really research your information. Every player, when signing any contract, enters into a three way contract with the league. Read the NFL constitution.

Edit: Also the NFL does not have "some" authority. They have all the authority. The ONLY time a team will discipline a player is if that player directly violates the teams portion of the contract. As you can see, the Ravens in particular let alleged murderers play, so if anything you should have expected nothing from them. Oh wait, that already happened.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.