Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I have a DP version of Yosemite and theres also a new version of iTunes downloaded, but there isn't any sidebar . How I wonder, if, anyone uses the new version, are tunes dragged and dropped because I can't see any libraries only playlists that doesn't allow tunes

rapicell

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
I'd assume it's the same as pervious versions when you need to make the sidebar viewable. Should up in the "View" drop down menu (if the sidebar still exists that is)

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
There is no ability to show a persistent sidebar. You can see the side bar by accessing the Playlist view. I think it is stupid.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
As is said it's blaming stupid you can't view sidebar as such. I tried adding the file in file>add file but that didn't work . All the tabs even the device tab is at the top. Thanks anyway guys

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
I'd assume it's the same as pervious versions when you need to make the sidebar viewable. Should up in the "View" drop down menu (if the sidebar still exists that is)

in the menu I think under view there is a show
side bar option
I don't have it in front of me now but look and you should find it
you can also right click on a song and add
to play list as well

People with "I'd assume" or "I think" should not post if they don't have a real answer.

And no, there's no option to a sidebar like in iTunes 11, and the sidebar in Music/Playlist is not a real sidebar.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
And people shouldn't be rude when others try to help. Keep it cute or put it on mute.
Not meaning to be Rude or disrespectful to anyone and grateful of the help but if people read my second post they would've seen the following ,'As is said it's blaming stupid you can't view sidebar as such. I tried adding the file in file>add file but that didn't work . All the tabs even the device tab is at the top. Thanks anyway guys' and I had said there that, 'you can't view sidebar as such'so in that respect I think its right not to 'assume' or think because the action is done one way it inevitably is carried out the same way unless its been proven so because I did say that I had already tried that. And before I posted , I might add ;-)

macbanjo

macrumors member
Sorry for the wrong info

When I replied yesterday I was not with my computer and did know that I had
seen the side bar, It is correct it is not in the menu bar anymore
I was thinking of the info tab that show at the bottom.
I did find where I had seen it, on the playlist tab I have the sidebar there.
Sorry for the misleading reply.
:(

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
There is no more sidebar on "albums" view. Go to playlist view to get the old sidebar. And the sidebar basically is on the top now in any view.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Had to clean install 10.10 over the weekend - Finder issues from installing it over Mavericks, another reason I preferred development pre-10.7 as each beta required downloading an image to burn to a DVD for a clean install as to not risk third party app's and plugin's in debugging a major OS X release. I will not make the mistake of installing iTunes 12. Horrible. For the first time since iTunes has been released, I will be sticking with the previous version unless it improves.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
There is no more sidebar on "albums" view. Go to playlist view to get the old sidebar. And the sidebar basically is on the top now in any view.
Your right but you can't drag and drop as before that I can see , I even tried going to file and adding to file without success . Mind i've not tried dragging and dropping tunes or any other media This was a DP version of OS8 .

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
I had an issue where iTunes 12 wouldn't read my iTunes Library folder from OS X Mavericks and iTunes 11. I copied the music library to ~/Music but iTunes 12 won't load it. Not even after holding down option when starting iTunes and selecting the iTunes Library folder manually.

Ended up having to download everything fresh from iTunes Match. :confused:

Icy1007

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Cleveland, OH
I had an issue where iTunes 12 wouldn't read my iTunes Library folder from OS X Mavericks and iTunes 11. I copied the music library to ~/Music but iTunes 12 won't load it. Not even after holding down option when starting iTunes and selecting the iTunes Library folder manually.

Ended up having to download everything fresh from iTunes Match. :confused:

I just added the media folder to my library from the File menu.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Could have worked too, but I thought things might become corrupt or something. I still find it weird it didn't just take the iTunes folder as a whole like every other version before it did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.