Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winch

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2014
I have fully functioning mac pro with clover r2774 now, audio and sata ports.
For audio, you have to write in the config.plist: Devices → Audio → Inject 12 and activate FixHDA_8000.
For SATA copied my SSDT-1.aml in / EFI / CLOVER / ACPI / patched folder and dropped your original "SataPri" in the config.plist. The necessary entries look in my config.plist.
The SSDT 1.aml is mine patched "SataPri" with DTGP and _DSM Method.
No custom DSDT.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
I hope it will work for you, for me it does
my config.plist is an example.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 357
  • SSDT-1.aml.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 264

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Could my USB 3 or SATA card be the culprits? Any other suggestions?

Personally I cannot get any of this to work unless I use the "sled" hard drive slots with my SSD. Even the motherboard SATA port would not boot.

----------
[/QUOTE]

I am using one of the sleds. But I am wondering, whether the PCIe cards being present creates issues.

All I can say is I sure hope that Tiamo comes up with a fix ;-)

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I am using one of the sleds. But I am wondering, whether the PCIe cards being present creates issues.

All I can say is I sure hope that Tiamo comes up with a fix ;-)

I tried changing back to FAT / MBR-GUID hybrid (BootCamp style). I am back to a B1f: init, B1f: error sequence.

BOOT is on partition 1 (FAT,Active), Installer on 2, Yosemite on 3, Rest of disk is HFS-Plus. It could be the number of Active partitions are an issue, since with EFI there are 5. MBR does not like more than 4 primary.

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
Personally I cannot get any of this to work unless I use the "sled" hard drive slots with my SSD. Even the motherboard SATA port would not boot

PCI slots are not loaded with Chameleon and neither are USB devices or the on board sata ports (the ones used for a blu-ray drive, etc). You have to understand that you are booting in legacy mode which behaves different.

I have a USB 3.0 card and have no issues with Chameleon.

gpatpandp

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2010
For audio, you have to write in the config.plist: Devices → Audio → Inject 12 and activate FixHDA_8000.
For SATA copied my SSDT-1.aml in / EFI / CLOVER / ACPI / patched folder and dropped your original "SataPri" in the config.plist. The necessary entries look in my config.plist.

Everything works perfectly. First time I have ever personally witnessed Clover recognizing my ODD ports/Blu ray optical drive. Native AppleHDA audio and loads my Apple ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card without issue. The great thing is while knowing Clover fairly well, is that the tweaks involved are certain to stick. I believe I can state with a fair amount of certainty that in my case, Chameleon has been permanently replaced.

Booting Yosemite with full functionality just became so much easier...Thanks much !

Last edited:

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
PCI slots are not loaded with Chameleon and neither are USB devices or the on board sata ports (the ones used for a blu-ray drive, etc). You have to understand that you are booting in legacy mode which behaves different.

I have a USB 3.0 card and have no issues with Chameleon.
I understand that, I was grasping for straws for the interference.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Does the BOOT partition reside on the same disk as Yosemite?
Is it FAT or HFS-Plus?

Greyhounds

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2014
Everything works perfectly. First time I have ever personally witnessed Clover recognizing my ODD ports/Blu ray optical drive. Native AppleHDA audio and loads my Apple ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card without issue. The great thing is while knowing Clover fairly well, is that the tweaks involved are certain to stick. I believe I can state with a fair amount of certainty that in my case, Chameleon has been permanently replaced.

Booting Yosemite with full functionality just became so much easier...Thanks much !

That sounds great, especially since I know we share the same video hardware. But I am struggling to keep up. I barely understand Winch's post. Just about the time I got my head around how to work chameleon...

Are you using those exact files Winch posted or did you need to modify them? How were your drives configured? Everything on one disk? What exact formats?

Any other details would be helpful. I want to really know what I am doing by the time the final OS is released. :)

winch

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2014
Does the BOOT partition reside on the same disk as Yosemite?
Is it FAT or HFS-Plus?
I have a disc extra just for Clover. Could be hybrid mbr / gpt works exactly, I do not know.
I formatted the disk to MBR and FAT32, but hfs + should also work.

Graeme43

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2006
Great Britain (Glasgow)
I have a disc extra just for Clover. Could be hybrid mbr / gpt works exactly, I do not know.

I found a spare 20GB SATA drive and stuck it in and put clover 2774 on it. Wondering whats best to use out of chameleon and clover

Also struggling with iMessage

Edit: seems chameleons best for me since I lost my HMDI audio out from an XFX 6870 in clover

Last edited:

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
All my sleds are full with 4TB drives. Two additional internal ports are used for Blue Ray RW and a 960GB SSD with Mavericks/Tiamo boot.

I might replace one of the 4TB with a 2Gb to try, since MBR/Legacy might have trouble with the larger drive.

However, I have two 4TB drives with Windows partitions for Win 7 and Win 8 situated below the 2TB boundary, and those work.

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Good news for 1,1/2,1 folks who get Yosemite going

The WiFi Ac and BT 4.0 cards work nattily in the Mini PCIE slot.

(First reported by Netkas in 3,1)

So, once you get Yosemite up and running you will be able to upgrade to very latest WiFi and BT to use new features.

dieideeistgut

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2009
L5320s

Hello together!

I've been following this post since it started. Nice thing, nice talk. I'm actually having a little trouble here with my tweaked MacPro 1,1 and either Yosemite. I have 2 L5320 running in my Mac and somehow there's no - at least for me at the moment - visible way i can get the installer started. I always end up with a core failure right after launchd is trying to start.
I was just wondering if anybody else is running into the same issue, or managed to use an xeon of this kind to work fine with this. any other hints are also appreciated.

Thanks & keep on the nice talk here.

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
Hmmm.....

DP4 has killed my HDMI audio and my mouse driver. It now says the kext have invalid signatures and it won't load them. They both worked fine in DP1-3. I haven't had a whole lot of time to mess with Yosemite right now though.

Also I might have to give clover a try if it seems to be a better option.

**UPDATE**
Well Clover r2774 and the above files posted by Winch have fixed my all of issues (HDMI audio and R.A.T. 7 mouse driver) with DP4 and as Gpatpandp reported everything works fine. The only issue is this requires a separate boot disk because Clover will not boot on a GPT. I'll do more digging around but maybe it's time for me to buy a small SSD for Clover and the installer.

I will have to try creating HybridMBR to see if I can add an entry for the Clover boot partition to enable it to boot like Windows.

Last edited:

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
Clove or GPT/Hybrid MBR

I have been messing with getting clover to boot on a Hybrid MBR so that I can use Clover on one disk like I did with chameleon. I have created a disk with 3 partitions BOOT/Installer/Yosemite as FAT32/HFS+/HFS+ respectively. Setup the Installer partition and installed Clover. I then created the Hybrid MBR writing a 0c type to the MBR for the BOOT partition. Now here is where I am stuck. Normally when I would try to boot Clover on a pure GPT I would get the "No bootable device..." error. Since I setup the hybrid MBR I now get the following:

Code:
b1f: init
b1f: error

Now this would suggest that the partition where Clover is installed is the wrong file system but I know it is FAT32 which is correct.

Anyone with more Clover experience have any suggestions on how to get past this error? Can Clover be booted from any other file system, HFS, NTFS, etc?

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I have been messing with getting clover to boot on a Hybrid MBR so that I can use Clover on one disk like I did with chameleon. I have created a disk with 3 partitions BOOT/Installer/Yosemite as FAT32/HFS+/HFS+ respectively. Setup the Installer partition and installed Clover. I then created the Hybrid MBR writing a 0c type to the MBR for the BOOT partition. Now here is where I am stuck. Normally when I would try to boot Clover on a pure GPT I would get the "No bootable device..." error. Since I setup the hybrid MBR I now get the following:

Code:

Now this would suggest that the partition where Clover is installed is the wrong file system but I know it is FAT32 which is correct.

Anyone with more Clover experience have any suggestions on how to get past this error? Can Clover be booted from any other file system, HFS, NTFS, etc?
I am having the same issue...

gpatpandp

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2010

Code:

I can only add that back with Mountain Lion, I was able to use Clover in a sudo "install in the ESP" legacy type fashion where it would boot from a small adjacent formatted, "blessed" HFS+/FAT32 partition to the 10.8 OS system. I have tried this same set-up with Yosemite and while Clover loads/boots without issue, OS X 10.10 just will not. Note in fact earlier in this very same thread where I remark that I simply assumed that this type of set-up would work and I could not understand why my initial install was not working while everyone else was booting Yosemite with Clover without issue. Once it was revealed that the way folks were booting it was from a separate MBR formatted BOOT drive, I was able to get the first release to boot also.

On a side note, I have been booting Yosemite with Clover on my Dell E6400 Laptop exactly in this manner i.e. installed in the ESP while formatting the Apple EFI partition to FAT32. The only difference being is that it is not necessary to "bless" the partition in order to legacy boot on a PC.

Last edited:

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
I can only add that back with Mountain Lion, I was able to use Clover in a sudo "install in the ESP" legacy type fashion where it would boot from a small adjacent formatted, "blessed" HFS+/FAT32 partition to the 10.8 OS system. I have tried this same set-up with Yosemite and while Clover loads/boots without issue, OS X 10.10 just will not. Note in fact earlier in this very same thread where I remark that I simply assumed that this type of set-up would work and I could not understand why my initial install was not working while everyone else was booting Yosemite with Clover without issue. Once it was revealed that the way folks were booting it was from a separate MBR formatted BOOT drive, I was able to get the first release to boot also.

On a side note, I have been booting Yosemite with Clover on my Dell E6400 Laptop exactly in this manner i.e. installed in the ESP while formatting the Apple EFI partition to FAT32. The only difference being is that it is not necessary to "bless" the partition in order to legacy boot on a PC.

I was able to figure it out. The trick was not to use FAT32. Instead setup the HDD with the 3 partitions all HFS+ Journaled and GPT. Then Create the installer partition. Then create the Hybrid MBR for the Boot partition and set it up with an EE in slot one and an AF in slot two flagged as active. Install Clover and the necessary files. Then bless the Boot partition and install.

After the install you will have to redo the Hybrid MBR since the installer will overwrite it. For safe measure I reinstalled Clover too. From here you should be able to boot the newly installed Yosemite. I am typing this from a single HDD in Yosemite with a Hybrid MBR/GPT setup.

Now to try all the updates...

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I was able to figure it out. The trick was not to use FAT32. Instead setup the HDD with the 3 partitions all HFS+ Journaled and GPT. Then Create the installer partition. Then create the Hybrid MBR for the Boot partition and set it up with an EE in slot one and an AF in slot two flagged as active. Install Clover and the necessary files. Then bless the Boot partition and install.

After the install you will have to redo the Hybrid MBR since the installer will overwrite it. For safe measure I reinstalled Clover too. From here you should be able to boot the newly installed Yosemite. I am typing this from a single HDD in Yosemite with a Hybrid MBR/GPT setup.

Now to try all the updates...
What tool did you use to set these up? Do you mean to write, you end up with four partitions, or did you convert one HFS+ to fat32? I am not sure, what you mean with "EE in Slot one" and "AF in slot 2"?

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
What tool did you use to set these up? Do you mean to write, you end up with four partitions, or did you convert one HFS+ to fat32? I am not sure, what you mean with "EE in Slot one" and "AF in slot 2"?

Clover is installed on the HFS+ partition and you only have 3 partitions. There are no FAT partitions used at all. To create the Hybrid MBR I use a command line tool called gdisk. Follow the instructions here: http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/hybrid.html. You will understand what I mean by slot one and two after reading this. An amendment to those instructions, I do not create any more entries to protect partitions as this usually causes errors for me.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Clover is installed on the HFS+ partition and you only have 3 partitions. There are no FAT partitions used at all. To create the Hybrid MBR I use a command line tool called gdisk. Follow the instructions here: http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/hybrid.html. You will understand what I mean by slot one and two after reading this. An amendment to those instructions, I do not create any more entries to protect partitions as this usually causes errors for me.
Thanks. Did all that - pretty straight forward. But it ended up booting one of the Windows partitions on another disk.

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
Thanks. Did all that - pretty straight forward. But it ended up booting one of the Windows partitions on another disk.

Yes if the Windows disk identifier (disk0) is before the Clover (disk1) partition then it will boot that instead. Same thing will happen with Chameleon. Use diskutil list to see what they are. I pull my Windows HDD so this doesn't happen. My original Chameleon/Mavericks/Win7 setup was all on one disk so this didn't happen since the only partition flagged as active was the Chameleon one. You can try removing the active flag on the Windows partition using fdisk but I am not sure it will work.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
What are your install options for the boot sector in this scenario?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.