Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tm0000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
Hello everyone!

I want to buy my first ever macbook pro! :) I would like to purchase the 15 inch macbook pro with retina display with the new 2.8GHz processor, 512 GB storage and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB memory. This configuration will cost me $2,699 if purchased from the apple website. I was wondering if it would be a bit cheaper if I purchase from another website like Macmall dotcom or any other website?

What would be the best place for me to purchase this? Is this even available at the macmall website? I searched but couldn't find it? Or is it only available at apple for now?

I will really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Apple just updated the line, so you'll not see them yet at macmall. You may save a little money at macmall or amazon, but if you're intent is buy it now, then your only option is apple since its a new machine

tm0000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
Thank you, Mike for your help. I appreciate it! :)

I'm willing to wait about a week if I can get it a bit cheaper. Do you know of any other websites (apple authorized resellers), that I can check? I wonder how long it will take for these other websites to get the newer machines?

Thanks again.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Its not going to be that much cheaper, the last time I looeked at macmall, they were throwing in other things to get you to buy there. The price was close to apple but they offered other options instead - granted that was a while ago.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Always check the Apple refurb page:http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

and AppleInsider price list:http://prices.appleinsider.com

I don;t think the AppleInsider price list is updated with all the new 2014 rMBP configs and corresponding prices. After all the new 2014 rMBP configs were just released by Apple today. Basically the update is a 200Hz speed increase from the 2013 configurations.

This coming weekend is the back-to-school tax free weekend in many state. My state does not tax the first $1000 on a computer. Some nearby states do not tax a computer purchase at all. That can save hundreds in sales tax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.