Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UhFive

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2013
Texas
Yikes. Twisty/circular knobs for brightness/volume instead of sliders? No thank you.

That would be my only complaint with the setup actually. The first couple days it was awkward to use, but after I got used to it I can just about get it every time with the screen in lowest setting and direct sunlight.

----------

Fairly often. I will toggle the wifi when a hotspot is giving me a crappy or slow connection (which is very common). Also if I'm traveling or in an area with a weak cell signal I sometimes switch of cellular to conserve battery power.

I also use both hands when feasible, particularly for typing. But for everything else I like to use my phone one-handed. I'm typically walking around with something in my hands or multi-tasking so single handed use is a must.

Lucky for me then they toggles come down low enough I can access them with no strain on the thumb if I really needed to one handed. I am sure with the new 4.7-5.5" phone it will be more difficult on singlehanded users, but I will adjust just as I did with the larger 5/5s screen.

zudy

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
Florida
Beta 4

How is the new Beta as far as stability, I would like to try it on a non developers iPhone but I was just wondering how stable it is, and yes I already know it not ment for and everyday iPhone but just asking. Thanks

wreckthisplace

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2006
Hey all,

For some reason after the update I get no notification for phone calls at all. I'm being told it's going straight to voicemail. My phone doesn't ring, vibrate or nothing. I just get a missed call notification. I have tried resetting and checking to see if Do Not Disturb is on. Nothing is wrong with my cell phone provider either.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Thanks!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
8/4 Beta 5
8/15 Beta 6
Perhaps, or they could go 3 weeks between betas, as they have done before (if not some other time in between them, especially if something more immediate might need to be addressed for some reason).

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
There are some 24 hour analog clocks: http://www.amazon.co.uk/GreatGadgets-1858-24-Hour-Clock/dp/B006XHZ7X4 (for example).

As for digital clocks (or even analog clocks) they can be broken in different ways, where the display is just stuck one one value, or it's just (much) slower or faster somehow, or it even jumps for some reason, all are broken in some way essentially.

Anyway, this is an off-topic discussion really.

All my digital clocks that were broken just didn't display anything, but I can agree with you on it if it broke another way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.