Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MTL18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Hi All,

I'm updating my GFs iPad before a vacation and am trying to squeeze as many movie files on as possible. Her audio contribution seems unusually large for this many songs (especially since the iTunes library shows 179 songs at 1.69GB.

How is this possible? Are there other audio files somewhere that I can't find?

joshkhaos1

Suspended
Jul 24, 2014
Do you know what the file compression for the Audio files are?

Hi All,

I'm updating my GFs iPad before a vacation and am trying to squeeze as many movie files on as possible. Her audio contribution seems unusually large for this many songs (especially since the iTunes library shows 179 songs at 1.69GB.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi All,

That does seem high. My 3,500 songs on my iPad mini only take up 10.6GB. Did you look at Settings > General > Usage and determine that 1.69GB is only Music?

MTL18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
That does seem high. My 3,500 songs on my iPad mini only take up 10.6GB. Did you look at Settings > General > Usage and determine that 1.69GB is only Music?

Thanks. She has 682MB of music, and 5.7GB of podcasts. However, the podcasts app was deleted so I don't know where these files are being stored...

MTL18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Will it let you delete the Podcasts from the usage menu?

I have just done that. I don't think the podcasts app and her iTunes were communicating very well. Now the music usage makes sense

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.