Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Hello,

I have this new iPad Air that keeps having one song in the music app and I'm not synching anything to it. I connect the ipad to mi imac and it says there is nothing under music but when I go to the ipad... there it is. How can I get rid of it?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Is it actually on the iPad, or is it a song you bought from iTunes and it has a cloud mark next to it? If it has a cloud mark, go to Settings, ITunes and App Store, and turn SHOW ALL to off.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Is it actually on the iPad, or is it a song you bought from iTunes and it has a cloud mark next to it? If it has a cloud mark, go to Settings, ITunes and App Store, and turn SHOW ALL to off.

Everything is like you say and there is no cloud mark next to the song... I don't sync music to the ipad from itunes.

screen01.jpg

screen2.jpg

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
If iTunes won't let you delete it (which I've never experienced), try right clicking it then choose Show in Finder. From there, delete the source file itself. Then, back in iTunes, right click and choose Get Info. iTunes won't be able to find the file and it will have a little mark next to it. Last, try removing it from iTunes again.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
I just restore the ipad and nooooooooo... now it has another song. It looks like it needs to have at least one song... :mad:

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
I just restore the ipad and nooooooooo... now it has another song. It looks like it needs to have at least one song... :mad:

I feel like you're trolling. Reason #1: It's a weird occurrence that seems to be only you. Reason #2: The almighty fix of restoring the iPad resulted in another song.... which means you aren't installing the same software that Apple gives or you did it wrong.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

How did you do the restore? With the iPad connected to the computer and click "restore" in iTunes? Or with the iPad not connected, and you go to Settings > Reset, and tap Erase All Contents and Settings? If you did it the first way, do it the second way. DO NOT CONNECT TO COMPUTER, DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP. Set it up as new, and check the music app. Let us know if you still find the mystery song.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
I feel like you're trolling. Reason #1: It's a weird occurrence that seems to be only you. Reason #2: The almighty fix of restoring the iPad resulted in another song.... which means you aren't installing the same software that Apple gives or you did it wrong.

Trolling?... I don't think so!

I restore the ipad connected to the computer and using itunes so YES.. Im doing it as Apple tells me to do it. What are you talking about?.... Not using the same software?... What?..

----------

How did you do the restore? With the iPad connected to the computer and click "restore" in iTunes? Or with the iPad not connected, and you go to Settings > Reset, and tap Erase All Contents and Settings? If you did it the first way, do it the second way. DO NOT CONNECT TO COMPUTER, DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP. Set it up as new, and check the music app. Let us know if you still find the mystery song.

Thanks... Will do that

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Trolling?... I don't think so!

I restore the ipad connected to the computer and using itunes so YES.. Im doing it as Apple tells me to do it. What are you talking about?.... Not using the same software?... What?..

----------

Thanks... Will do that
I have a stuck song, I guess for life, that came on one of those stupid promotional cards they have in some chain restaurants. I punched the code into iTunes, it was the worst commercial hip hop crap ever in the history of the universe, and now it will tirture me 'till end of days. Never again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.