Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
UK
I don't remember seeing it in the keynote and I'm not going to go back and watch it all again :)

Do custom ringtones and vibrations sync across iOS devices now? My iPhone has tones bought and set for contacts but they don't show/sync to my iPad. Its a right pain to manually set them on the iPad to match my iPhone. Cant believe apple put up with this in the mothership :)

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Are you using iCloud for your contacts? Mine all sync ringtones and vibrations as far as I know, but I'm using iCloud

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Are you using iCloud for your contacts? Mine all sync ringtones and vibrations as far as I know, but I'm using iCloud

yea using iCloud. None of my ring tones are syncing. On my iPhone r2d2 beeps for one contact, on the iPad it dings because its not assigned :( I'd have to go in and redo every contact to be the same as my iPhone and I'd also need to download the tones from iTunes on my computer to my iPad. If I didn't have a macbook it'd be even harder to fix.

Ive just checked my iPad settings. I forgot a while back I set iPad up to be used by anyone so had some restrictions on. iTunes store was missing. I put it back and hard rebooted but nothings syncing. Maybe it was that but it may take time to auto fix.

I'll update this if I find out why and how to fix this just for anyone searching in future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.