Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hankcah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Currently have OSX Lion 10.7.5 and everything is hunky dory.

I upgraded to Mavericks when it first came out and my iMail for work will NOT accept my pswd.

Figured I'd restore to my Lion and everything was fine again. Upgraded to Mountain Lion instead and iMail still won't pull in my iMail. I reconfigured my iMail settings. Removed my account and recreated to no avail.

iMail Specs: POP3 account. Incoming mail is the same as my outgoing mail server. Usn and pswd is the same as always. Checked with the admins at work and my account shows as fine.

I deleted my iMail shiz from my keychain thinking that would be the problem and still didn't work.

Conclusion: Upgraded twice and downgraded twice. I'd like Mavericks. Any suggestions or similar problems? Why would any OS upgrade give my mail client a hickup?

Error: Cannot send message using the server blah blah. Connection on Port 587 timed out. Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or try later. (The one listed is identical to what I had prior and what I need. Funny, it works find on OSX Lion, why not Mavericks.?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.