Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Wow, the Picturelife guys went rogue. I had a 2 month trial giving me 75GB of space. I cancelled just before trial was up as I was still deciding to pay $50 a year for it. $50 for 75GB of cloud space was a good deal ($.67 per GB) and allowed me to grow into it, so I was going to upgrade when I got back from vacation. Then I find they completely changed their plans and made it MUCH more expensive for the storage space with even fewer options.

tumblr_n80hlt1EqK1r69bijo1_1280.png

Holy smokes. Now they give only 25GB of space for a whopping $50! (Or $2/GB) :mad:

I feel unlimited is pricey as I probably only put up <5GB worth of images a year (thanks to JPEGMini optimizing my files).

Oh well, I should have acted when I had the trial so I could be grandfathered in, but I was indecisive. Time to look for another service in the demise of Snapjoy, Everpix, and Loom. Glad I still stick with my tried and true folder based system sitting in Google Drive.

Mike in Kansas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2008
Metro Kansas City
And still no selective sync for Aperture. And with Photos coming out and Aperture development halted, it will NEVER happen.

I may just bite the bullet and just use the future Photos app and iCloud for all my photo viewing pleasure.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
And still no selective sync for Aperture. And with Photos coming out and Aperture development halted, it will NEVER happen.

I may just bite the bullet and just use the future Photos app and iCloud for all my photo viewing pleasure.

They have that for Lightroom.:cool:

But I intend to use Photos as my photo viewer to store all my photos in the cloud like I do Google Drive (and used to do with Dropbox).

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
we also increased our free plan from 5GB to 8GB. that's $0/gb.

True, but with me sitting at 36GB of family photos, your base tier is too little for the 200% increase in price (while Google, Microsoft, Bitcasa, and soon, Apple have dropped their cloud storage space for much less), and your family plan is too much as it will take me 7 years to fill that space at my current growth rate.

Granted, I love your service as you're one of the better games in town dedicated to photos, instead of treating photos like files (ie OneDrive). If OneDrive had a better photos implementation/viewer (or dedicated app a la Picture or Carousel), I'd would have switched to Office 365 in a heartbeat, dropping Google Drive just like I did Dropbox.

But anyway, the Picturelife team has the numbers and I'm sure they've ran them throughly, thus resulting in what the pricing options are today. I do think the base tier should be 50GB though.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I have to admit, Picturelife is the best way to have your family & friend snaps in the cloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.