Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Is the asking price too high?

Absolutely. It in great condition with original box and everything, but the model is not a highly sought after collectors item at all and come from the darkest days of Apple. Slightly better looking than many early 90's Mac's it still is of a generation when aesthetics meant nothing to anybody, and monstrosities like the Macintosh IIci roamed free.

outback1313

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2014
Absolutely. It in great condition with original box and everything, but the model is not a highly sought after collectors item at all and come from the darkest days of Apple. Slightly better looking than many early 90's Mac's it still is of a generation when aesthetics meant nothing to anybody, and monstrosities like the Macintosh IIci roamed free.

Thanks! I was thinking of bidding on this one. Would this be a good one for old Mac games?

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Thanks! I was thinking of bidding on this one. Would this be a good one for old Mac games?

It is a high end machine of its day. If the games you want to play are from 1985-1993, then yes. But don't expect any mid and late 90's games to run very comfortably. These machines can be found often for much less so keep your eye out for a good deal.

If you dig that second mac, bid away. That could probably handle mid 90's game okay, and anything older running system 7.

ProVideo

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
If your goal is to just play games, I would suggest getting a desktop with a display port and hook up your own LCD monitor using VGA or a HDI-15 adapter. If the attached monitor goes out, you are stuck with a large and heavy CRT attached to the machine unless you get it repaired, which would likely cost more than you paid for it in the first place.

Last edited:

outback1313

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2014
Thanks! Yes I really like this Mac a lot. Reminds me of my college days in the Rutgers Labs. They were light years ahead of the PCs, which I never touched.

Hope I get it--wish me luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.