Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
So, I did turned off my iPhone (using the lock button + Home button) like I typically do every now & again. Upon restart, I had to enter my passcode as usual (since you can't use TouchID after you restart your device). However, after that, TouchID wasn't working. Then, I went into Settings and saw that all my saved Fingerprints were gone and the options to Unlock iPhone with TouchID was switched off.

Has anyone else had this happen?

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I've done a hard reset countless times on my 5s, and I have never lost the finger prints I have stored for Touch ID.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Yeah - I don't get it. Wasn't sure if it was just me - but looks like it was.:eek:

MrGiblets

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2013
I had the same thing happen to me a couple days ago. I've done a hard reset or two in the past (holding Home and Power buttons) but it never lost the prints before. Not a big deal to setup again, just odd. Running 7.1.2 on Verizon.

sigp6

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
Yes this happened to me about 2 weeks ago.

No idea why, but I had to go in and re-add them.

falkedup

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
It happened to me with a hard reset a couple days ago. Had to re-enter all my prints.

MUBiomed

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
iPhone 5s: Lost TouchID fingerprints

Adding my name to the list that this happened to.

I did a hard reset and lost all my prints twice now. I cant figure out the circumstances that cause this because other hard resets will work fine and the prints are still there. The last time this happened I had just put my lifeproof case on and had to take it back off to redo prints.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.