Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perlsyntax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
I just sign up for apple dev and my question is do i need to fill out my banking information right away or can i wait to i make a apple app?I hope this helps:)

I take i have to fill out the information before i send my app to the apple mac store? i hope someone knows:)

Last edited:

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I just sign up for apple dev and my question is do i need to fill out my banking information right away or can i wait to i make a apple app?

I believe you can wait. But be sure to fill it in a while before you wish to start selling apps, since the info needs to be validated.

From the iTunes Connect Developer Guide:
Validating Banking Information
Apple must verify banking information before allowing apps to be sold. In addition, Apple validates updated banking information before changing payments from an existing bank account. The validation is typically complete in 24 hours. iTunes Connect sends a notification email to indicate that the banking information is updated; if you don’t receive notification that the information was successfully updated, check in iTunes Connect to see the status of the update.

I suggest reading that entire guide now that you've signed up. Also, you may want to stop by the iTunes Connect FAQ site.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
You don't need to submit banking info until some number of days before you want to submit paid apps (or apps with IAP) to the App store. For development, beta testing, and free apps, a paid apps contract with Apple is not needed.

perlsyntax

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
You don't need to submit banking info until some number of days before you want to submit paid apps (or apps with IAP) to the App store. For development, beta testing, and free apps, a paid apps contract with Apple is not needed.

thank you firewood that the information i was looking for:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.