Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Is there a way to remove apps from Notifications in System Preferences?

Go to Settings > Notification Center Scroll down to the list that says included tap on the app it will give you options as to where you can see your notifications or that app or you can just uncheck all of the options and will not see any notifications for that app ever. Good Luck

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Go to Settings > Notification Center Scroll down to the list that says included tap on the app it will give you options as to where you can see your notifications or that app or you can just uncheck all of the options and will not see any notifications for that app ever. Good Luck

Trying to find a way to completely remove it.

This is in regard to the facebook notification. it ain't pushing new messages notification like it used to did in the past. want to remove it an re-add to see if it will work again

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Trying to find a way to completely remove it.

This is in regard to the facebook notification. it ain't pushing new messages notification like it used to did in the past. want to remove it an re-add to see if it will work again

Then may want to look at the settings I talked about above if they are set to show in the notifications then try deleating the app and reinstalling it best you can do. Also make sure you are on current ios version and that Facebook is uptodate.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Then may want to look at the settings I talked about above if they are set to show in the notifications then try deleating the app and reinstalling it best you can do. Also make sure you are on current ios version and that Facebook is uptodate.

Talking about OSX not iOS so there's no "app" for me to delete in the facebook case.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Talking about OSX not iOS so there's no "app" for me to delete in the facebook case.

Log out of Facebook in System Preferences, then log back in? I'm not near my MBA, so can't test, but that's the only thing I can thing of. Other than that, no way to remove it from the Notifications page in System Preferences.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Log out of Facebook in System Preferences, then log back in? I'm not near my MBA, so can't test, but that's the only thing I can thing of. Other than that, no way to remove it from the Notifications page in System Preferences.
it will permanently be there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.