Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandon263

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Beaumont, CA
I have Windows 8 installed on my rMBP and Bluetooth's basically useless (works fine in Mountain Lion). Why are the Bootcamp Bluetooth drivers so crappy? Are there any downloadable drivers that I can use?

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
I don't know what you're trying to connect, but let's just say Windows Bluetooth Stack sucks by default.
Try and connect something like a PS3 controller and it will be nothing but pain.
It works fine for the "average joe bluetooth device" tho'.

In the past, I used BlueSoleil as an alternative bluetooth driver for Windows 7, tried once in Parallels but had a hard time setting them up, maybe they oughtta perform better on a native environment like Bootcamp.

Brandon263

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Beaumont, CA
I'm trying to use my Apple Wireless Keyboard and Trackpad in clamshell mode and both of them are gimmicky. They work better when the lid of my laptop is open, but sometimes I have trouble using them even when the lid is open.

jpxdude

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2006
I have Windows 8 installed on my rMBP and Bluetooth's basically useless (works fine in Mountain Lion). Why are the Bootcamp Bluetooth drivers so crappy? Are there any downloadable drivers that I can use?

I am also having issues with this, except I have a late 2012 Mac Mini with Windows 8 in Bootcamp. I have a Apple Wireless Keyboard and MS Sculpt Touch mouse which work perfect in OSX Mountain Lion. In Windows 8 the performance is unbelievably poor and jittery.

I've noticed that if I have the keyboard and mouse within a metre of the machine then it works acceptably but anything more and it's unresponsive. Does anyone know if there is a problem with BT range in Windows 8, or possible updated drivers?

Thanks for any help offered!

rtheb

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
Try this:

Control Panel > Device Manager > Network Adapters > Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter (right click and choose "Properties".

Under the "Advanced" tab, highlight the setting named "Bluetooth Collaboration", then change it to Enable. Then click OK.

Let us know if this helps.

jpxdude

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2006
Try this:

Control Panel > Device Manager > Network Adapters > Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter (right click and choose "Properties".

Under the "Advanced" tab, highlight the setting named "Bluetooth Collaboration", then change it to Enable. Then click OK.

Hi there

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I just wanted to reply and let you know that this solution worked brilliantly for me, so thanks so much again!

The moment I set Bluetooth Collaboration on both my wireless keyboard and mouse connection was solid instantly. :cool: hope that this works for the OP as well!

Brandon263

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Beaumont, CA
Try this:

Yay!!! It's working for me as well. GLORY BE TO rtheb!!! :D Thanks a lot!!!

jcbraddock

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2014
Bluetooth Problem

I'm running windows 7 in bootcamp on 2012 macbook pro and have tried connecting a bose mini bluetooth speaker, my iPad, and a Switch bluetooth speaker. None have connected successfully.

I attempt to add them as devices, which works fine...Windows finds the device and successfully connects to it. But is then unable to install the appropriate device drivers. I am then given a link to the Broadcom website to download WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software for Windows 7.

When I attempt to download and install the software it always stalls on process 1 of 4 (Detect Bluetooth Device) and everything dies there.

I have no idea whats going on, but super frustrated!! Any help would be greatly appreciated?!! Thanks everyone, have a great new year!

jpgoninet

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2014
Strong Interest

Hi I am in the same situation. I have a bose minilink that works fine on the MACOSX but no drivers are found when I try to connect them to the bootcamp side... I tried the broadcom driver tool too and do not pass step one...

I tried the advanced tab network adaptor stuff above but with no luck ???? Bose did not have any useful answer...anybody has a clue ?

Tx in advance

hawk25

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2014
Bose Soundlink Mini

I'm having the same problems connecting my Soundlink Mini. Just bought an iMac (2011), running bootcamp with Windows 7. Soundlink works fine on the Mac side, but Windows doesn't seem to have the driver. Windows does connect to the device, but that's it. Cannot install the Broadcom update since it hangs after step 1 saying it can't be completed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
A common bluetooth glitch is if you add the device via devices and printers it doesn't pair up in win 7 and 8. Hazy memory but and no access to a win 7 box remind me exactly but when it finds the device you right click it, proprieties and in the box that comes up it gives you a list of bluetooth services the device supports. Hit the apply button and then ok and bang the drivers install and the device connects!

hawk25

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2014
A common bluetooth glitch is if you add the device via devices and printers it doesn't pair up in win 7 and 8. Hazy memory but and no access to a win 7 box remind me exactly but when it finds the device you right click it, proprieties and in the box that comes up it gives you a list of bluetooth services the device supports. Hit the apply button and then ok and bang the drivers install and the device connects!

Thanks for the tip, but that didn't help either. In the Bluetooth Services tab, there's "Audio Sink" and "Remote Control". I checked both and hit apply, but it still says the device driver software was not successfully installed.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
UK
Try this:

I love you!

The poor connection between my magic mouse and wireless keyboard was driving me round the bend, initial testing after changing this setting looks very promising.

:cool:

tommyleed

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2014
thanks so much it worked

Try this:

thanks man!

tml3nr

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Try this:

Thank you very much, work like a charm on Mac mini late 2012 + Windows 8.1. But this setting reduces wifi speed, reduced about 10Mbps.

Last edited:

ThomasKoji

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2015
Try this:

I love you. you saved my life. my game life.

mangers_b

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2016
Try this:

My Magic Mouse is still lagging :(

InteNs

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2016
Try this:

Also fixed my stuttering 3 years later (windows 10 aniversary update + macbook pro 2015)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.