Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sifinity

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2014
Texas
Guys, in the next days i'm going to buy a new 15" rMBP and i need a sleeve too!

I really like the ones Joli Originals and Picaso Lab sell; but since they're almost identical, which one do you reccomend?

I read some people had shipping problem with the guy of Picaso Lab; is this a recurrent thing?

Can someone give me an advise?

Thank you :)

don't know about those but check this one out , ive heard this company makes really good sleeves(quality and looks) and there cheaper than those in price ; http://www.mujjo.com/the-sleeves-collection

Last edited:

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
tumblr_inline_n96u3nrhox1skafo6.jpg

Got this from Waterfield Designs, made specifically for the 15-inch MacBook Pro. I really like it a lot. Well designed and excellent quality!

bluebird3

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2013
I'm really liking Case crown folio series but they don't seems to have one that fits 13" rMbp. Also not crazy about leather. Can anyone suggest something similar or better?

Looking for a protection during use and carrying. I like something really snug tight fit almost like a skin but opens up with a zipper and operate without taking the rMbp out of the case/sleeve. I've just looked at Thule Gauntlet case. Don't really like the fact zipper is weak. Also not crazy about the look...

Last edited:

Leldon

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2012
Ive finally decided on the bag I want and another new sleeve. I bought the Snugg and was sorely disappointed in its actual look/feel. I got the brown "distressed" leather option and it is not what I thought it would be. So, I went the opposite way and got something that looks less professional and more my style. It is the Incase ICON Sleeve with TENSAERLITE . I also picked up a new bag. Its also Incase, the ICON Slim Pack. I think I will be happy! I know my computer will be well protected in these...and the bag is plenty big to hold all the things I like to carry around with me!

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
For travelers.

I recently purchased a Samsonite Tectonic backpack withy the perfect fit system.
It is a TSA friendly pack that features better than average corner padding and a Velcro wrapping system to customize the fit of most laptops up to 17".

I got the bigger one so when I commute, I can double wrap my MacBook Pro on a padded sleeve and then wrap that inside the pack. I have a history of denting the corners of my laptop from drops at about 3-4 feet above ground, but would feel much more secure with the Samsonite setup of I lost control of the backpack.

My first bad encounter was with a Targus backpack, and then a Brenthaven laptop briefcase. Both offered weak edge protection compared to the Samsonite.

bluebird3

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2013
Looking at skins....

Wrapool vs bestskinfoever vs clear coat

I'm thinking this type of skin is better than hard cover? Or so you use them in combination?

Do they really affect the heart ?

Last edited:

Alfonsomac

macrumors member
May 17, 2012
don't know about those but check this one out , ive heard this company makes really good sleeves(quality and looks) and there cheaper than those in price ; http://www.mujjo.com/the-sleeves-collection

I thank you for your suggestion, but i've just bought a Ryan London sleeve.
I like a lot the Joli Original's smooth leather sleeve, but it costs very much (€150).

I've also asked a custom order to Ryan, because i prefer a vertical orientation instead of an horizontal one; and he made it for free :)

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Bought at the Apple Store Yorkdale today, returning it though. The opening you see in the photo is all it opens. I thought it might fold back more, let the laptop sit on it while folded back etc.

Incase finally announced new sleeves specifically fit for the rMBP! I have held off on using a case for my laptop since I bought it last year (thankfully no scratches/dents/marks of any kind), but I'm about to jump on one of these new ICON sleeves with "TENSAERLITE" technology...

Anyone know more about them? It looks like they're a lot lighter and more compact than the normal Neoprene sleeves offered in the past.

Justin Horne

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2007
Wanted: Slim sleeve like thing to carry my 13" rMBP, and some very small other accessories. Cell phone, keys, mayyybe the power brick (Not a deal killer if I can't. )

MUST have a shoulder strap or d-rings. Must be moderately waterproof. It doesn't need to be pelican level, just zippered nylon would be fine. Nothing like the Booq Viper with it's gaping hole.

Stylistically, I like things like this or this Any ideas? The Waterfield cityslicker is currently high up there, but at almost $150 with straps, seems a bit much in my opinion. Does anyone have any <$100 suggestions? I've already got a Timbuk2 bag. I'm looking for a very minimal bag to carry the Macbook and a couple necessities on my bike ride (Hence the strap hard-requirement) to class.

Dundonik

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2013
Incase finally announced new sleeves specifically fit for the rMBP! I have held off on using a case for my laptop since I bought it last year (thankfully no scratches/dents/marks of any kind), but I'm about to jump on one of these new ICON sleeves with "TENSAERLITE" technology...

Anyone know more about them? It looks like they're a lot lighter and more compact than the normal Neoprene sleeves offered in the past.

I got mine in the mail today and its really nice, very light weight. Definitely glad I picked it up, I got the black one.

Brandon083

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Austin, TX
Does anyone know if a 13" rMBP will fit in a 13" MBA case? I really want a Ecoalf case but i can only find ones that say 13" MBA. It seems like it would fit just maybe not as snug as one made for a rMBP

berthaconners

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
I use an amcase case. It's made of a neoprene material, and is really awesome for transporting my macbook. My computer hasn't been scratched at all in there, since the material is so nice. I would highly recommend it.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Just wondering if anyone has a routledge book book case. How protective is it? I know its a little bulky but its beautiful.

PapaC

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2014
Any suggestions for a slim-ish case for a MBPr 13in? I already have a Gilson messenger bag I'll be putting it in, but I'd like a slim case to have it extra protected.

https://play.google.com/store/devic...ook_11_Black?id=chromebook_hp_11_sleeve_black

I have this slim case for my HP11 Chromebook and ideally I'd like to find something similar to protect against scratches while it's inside the messenger bag.

You can try this one. fits really well and the price is good.
Inateck® 13.3 Inch
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JO6UGFU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dwong221

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
Bought at the Apple Store Yorkdale today, returning it though. The opening you see in the photo is all it opens. I thought it might fold back more, let the laptop sit on it while folded back etc.

I can't find it on their online store. I guess its available instore only?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.