Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cfountain72

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2002
Tampa, FL
I downloaded it, but

...before the tutorial even finishes, it asks me to set up an account?! For some apps, I can understand why the data might need to be 'run through their servers' (a GPS app, like Waze, for instance). But the 'learning' algorithms that drive this software should be able to be accomplished at the device level. So if you have a work calendar (e.g. Outlook/Exchange) and a personal calendar, these guys get access to all your invites, meetings, appointments, as well as the people associated with those invites (aka your co-workers/friends)?! It's as if Facebook came out with a scheduling app. I was intrigued but, sorry, but I'd rather not deal with that risk.

Peace be with you.

wikiverse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I find all these apps fail to account for all the time wasted fiddling with a time management app.

I'll give it a go though, because successfully arranging a busy week into a tidy chart provides about 73% of the psychological reward as actually getting those tasks done, and by the end of the editing session I'm often relaxed enough to sack off Monday's work entirely and worry about it some other time.

This app sucks. It is one of the worst for having to fiddle with the app. It also doesn't arrange anything into a tidy chart, so you can't even see a clear view of a whole day's schedule.

This is probably the most convoluted and poorly designed time management apps. It seems built for people who just do repetitive tasks at set times and don't actually need schedule planning.

Someone that has a busy schedule with lots of random events and meetings that regularly need changing and updating will find this app pointless.

They've got a good idea merging to-do and calendar and schedule planning, but the execution is so bad it makes the App useless.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
What a coincidence. Over the past few days, I've started devising a system to deal with my poor time management. How timely (haha a pun :D) of this to show up now.

So far, I've found that I've been stressed and sleeping poorly because there simply isn't enough time in a day to do everything that I want to get done. I've been putting together a daily routine schedule, plugging in must do events like sleep, eat, walking the dog, etc and using iOS Calendar to fill in the blanks.

This app came at just the right time for me (there's that pun again).

henzpwnapple

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2009
Beautiful UI, yes. no conversational input? serious? That is probably why it is free then... :p

Matt Leaf

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2012
I've tried a few different things, for blocking major stuff out I just use iCal, but I can't go past Clear for everyday stuff : to dos, budget, wish lists, wants etc. I absolutely love its simplicity and ease of use.

AditiDaiwik

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2014
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Timeful, described as "the first intelligent time manager" for mobile devices, is a new iOS app designed to help users manage their lives by combining a time management app with a calendar, a to-do list, and habits. Timeful aims to provide a personalized experience that encourages people to commit to various self-improvement activities and complete goals.

The app connects to the calendar on an iOS device, importing already existing events into a daily view that includes all tasks that must be completed. It also incorporates to-do functionality, allowing users to create tasks and file them under separate colored headings like Personal, Work, Fun, and, Important. To-do tasks can be scheduled for "Today," "Tomorrow," "Someday in the next 7 days," or on a specific date.

Specific calendar events can be scheduled in much the same way, entering the task and selecting a time. One major negative of Timeful in comparison to other calendar apps is the fact that it doesn't accept conversational input, meaning users have to manually select times and dates for calendar events.

Along with accepting calendar and to-do input, Timeful also includes a "Habits" feature that sets it apart from other time management and task apps. With Habits, users can enter frequently repeated tasks such as "Take a Walk," selecting preferred days and times to perform the tasks, which Timeful will then work into a busy schedule. Events and habits show up directly on the calendar at scheduled times, while to-dos are listed at the top and can be completed at any time during the day.

As users complete tasks and fulfill habits, Timeful will learn more about a person's habits, figuring out the optimal time to present each task for completion.

Timeful can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Intelligent Time Management App 'Timeful' Launches on iOS

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this great tool. I prefer using Replicon which contains time and activity trackers that help to learn how we spent our time. The tracked activities are displayed in a time sheet calendar. There we can transform them into time sheet entries and assign them to projects as well.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.