Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

valdikor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Slovakia
Last year I bought my MBA in the country where I live, in Slovakia, from an Apple Premium Reseller. Apple does not sell AppleCare in Slovakia, so for now I'm only covered by the one year limited warranty and of course the 2-year EU consumer protection. Right now I am in the US and I'm staying here until September and I'm thinking about buying AppleCare for my MBA.
All the Apple support documents are a little bit confusing in these matters, plus Apple has no retail stores in Slovakia yet, just various authorized resellers, so my question is:

Can I buy AppleCare in the USA for a MBA purchased in Slovakia and can Apple Authorized Service Providers service my MBA covered by US-bought AppleCare?

comics addict

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2013
Last year I bought my MBA in the country where I live, in Slovakia, from an Apple Premium Reseller. Apple does not sell AppleCare in Slovakia, so for now I'm only covered by the one year limited warranty and of course the 2-year EU consumer protection. Right now I am in the US and I'm staying here until September and I'm thinking about buying AppleCare for my MBA.
All the Apple support documents are a little bit confusing in these matters, plus Apple has no retail stores in Slovakia yet, just various authorized resellers, so my question is:

Can I buy AppleCare in the USA for a MBA purchased in Slovakia and can Apple Authorized Service Providers service my MBA covered by US-bought AppleCare?

I live in Puerto Rico and I face the same issue. The good thing is that AppleCare provides global coverage as long as there is either apple stores or apple authorized service providers on the country that you require service. Now the only possible downside is that you will need a postal address in the US to register the protection plan bought within the US. But from what you are telling me I don't see any issue doing so.

valdikor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2012
Slovakia
Thank you! Today I spoke to Apple support and they assured me I'm going to be covered in any country with Apple Authorized Service Providers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.