Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glyamjh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2014
I bought a newest model of Macbook Pro Retina 15 at Bestbuy the day before yesterday.
But when I open the box, one of the screw has fallen from the body and it has a small dent at the bottom.
So I went to Bestbuy and asked them if I can exchange it into the other one but the manager didn't want to do that.
What should I do?
Please help me!!

bobcan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Sunny but Cold.. Canada
Hmmm.. Find a 'better manager'..

That sounds like an ODD issue and response, assuming you did not remove it, or that they do not think you did for some reason!! Good Luck :apple:

Justin Horne

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2007
I bought a newest model of Macbook Pro Retina 15 at Bestbuy the day before yesterday.
But when I open the box, one of the screw has fallen from the body and it has a small dent at the bottom.
So I went to Bestbuy and asked them if I can exchange it into the other one but the manager didn't want to do that.
What should I do?
Please help me!!

You should go back to BB and be all, "Yo, !@#hole, my 'brand new' MBP has a dent and screws falling out. Replace it."

Why would you accept a no in the first place?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Go back to Best Buy and explain the situation. I'd be polite but firm. Yelling, and getting mad won't get you anywhere.

AkramHD

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2013
You really should not take no for an answer in a situation like this. Go back to BestBuy and make sure they replace it. Prepare your argument, and go in there and explain it to them calmly. Surely they will help you out.

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
BB has a 30 day return policy. If they don't want to exchange it, cool.. Get a full refund..

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
BB has a 30 day return policy. If they don't want to exchange it, cool.. Get a full refund..

It’s 14 days for computers (and some other items).

If you have the Reward Zone membership (and bought the rMBP with that in place), you get 30 or 45 days depending on the item and your reward level.

But the basic BB return policy is 14 days for computers.

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
It’s 14 days for computers (and some other items).

If you have the Reward Zone membership (and bought the rMBP with that in place), you get 30 or 45 days depending on the item and your reward level.

But the basic BB return policy is 14 days for computers.

Okay, so instead of a 29 day umbrella the OP has a 13 day umbrella.
Advice still valid. OP should be returning asap in any case.

nexus4life

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2014
That's weird. In the Apple section - Friend of mine had an issue with his macbook air; all they did was check his serial number and reached down and grabbed the replacement Air. Couple questions, show ID, etc. but then it was in his hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.