Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks! :cool: What would I get if I bought the laptop directly in the store?

No, I think you have to use the online education store link and specifically select your higher education establishment (and it will only let you browse the store in that mode if you have an ip address from there, either using a VPN or being on-campus).

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 31, 2014
No, I think you have to use the online education store link and specifically select your higher education establishment (and it will only let you browse the store in that mode if you have an ip address from there, either using a VPN or being on-campus).

Great, I'll let you know how it goes ;) I'm planning on having another look at the models in-store again in a few weeks, then I'll try out what you recommended!

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Yepp they send you the apple care document about one or two week after you return the machine. The AppleCare doesn't get activated straight away.

Paying for the phone support will also activate the two extra years of INTERNATIONAL AppleCare. I believe the 2 extra years they give you will only be effective in UK.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 31, 2014
Yepp they send you the apple care document about one or two week after you return the machine. The AppleCare doesn't get activated straight away.

Paying for the phone support will also activate the two extra years of INTERNATIONAL AppleCare. I believe the 2 extra years they give you will only be effective in UK.

Actually, that would be quite important as I'm hoping to do a year abroad during my course :)

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 31, 2014
The best thing is just chat to their online advisor (on the store page, there should be a chat to a live assistant link), or you can call them up. :)

Will do! Though I have to wait until I'm back in the UK (I'm on holiday at the moment :cool: )

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
The recent clock boosts came out, now is the perfect opportunity especially since Uni is starting soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.