Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy is offering several deals on the iPhone throughout the end of July, beginning with a $100 discount on the 16GB Verizon iPhone 5s, which is available now through Saturday, July 26. Verizon's iPhone 5s is typically priced at $199 at Best Buy.

bestbuydealsiphone.jpg
Beginning on Sunday, July 20, Best Buy will be offering a free iHome portable speaker (a $299 value) for any customer who purchases an iPhone with $0 down using monthly installment plans from various carriers including AT&T Next, Verizon Edge, or Sprint Easy Pay at a Best Buy Mobile specialty store location.

Customers who purchase a phone using one of these plans will be given a code to redeem for the speaker, which will be sent to their home address. Best Buy's speaker deal lasts through Saturday, July 26.

Best Buy is also offering a $200 Best Buy gift card with the purchase of any open box iPhone (4s, 5, or 5s) on AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint with a two-year activation. The gift card can be used towards the smartphone purchase. Open box phones are available in Best Buy stores, Best Buy Mobile Specialty Stores and on BestBuy.com. This deal lasts through August 2.

Finally, Best Buy is giving select iPhone buyers a $100 Best Buy gift card with purchase, both in-store and online. The gift card is available for the following models on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon: 8GB iPhone 4s ($1.00), 32GB iPhone 5c ($199), and 64GB iPhone 5s ($350). Either a two-year contract or a $0 down monthly billing plan with AT&T Next, Verizon Edge, or Sprint Easy Pay is required.

Article Link: Best Buy Offers Free iHome Speaker With $0 Down iPhone Purchase, Other Deals

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Beginning on Sunday, July 20, Best Buy will be offering a free iHome portable speaker (a $299 value) for any customer who purchases an iPhone with $0 down using monthly installment plans from various carriers including AT&T Next, Verizon Edge, or Sprint Easy Pay at a Best Buy Mobile specialty store location

I know any number of people who I'd happily trade for even less.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I have that speaker. It sucks

I shopped at that store; It sucked...:D

Seriously, I am wondering how much longer Best Buy will last before it goes the way of the other BB. It's not that they so much suck as it is that they provide very little value or reason to go in. And deals like think might get you to go to the store, but I bet this is their form as a loss leader to get you to buy other stuff while in the store. But their priceses are just not that competative anymore, so this is just loss that generates no major upsale or cross sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City

Seriously, I am wondering how much longer Best Buy will last before it goes the way of the other BB. It's not that they so much suck as it is that they provide very little value or reason to go in. And deals like think might get you to go to the store, but I bet this is their form as a loss leader to get you to buy other stuff while in the store. But their priceses are just not that competative anymore, so this is just loss that generates no major upsale or cross sale.

A year or so ago.. I would agree 100% with this.. but now it's on the consumer to educate themselves and BB is and regularly price matches damn near anyone. If your paying to much at best buy it's because your not asking for a price match and educated enough to know what the best deal is out there.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
You can't say this unless you know their wholesale costs and the commissions they receive from the providers.

Fair enough, I should have stated that this is my belief/opinion and not stated it as fact. Please accept my appology for any stress my statement may have caused you personally.

----------

A year or so ago.. I would agree 100% with this.. but now it's on the consumer to educate themselves and BB is and regularly price matches damn near anyone. If your paying to much at best buy it's because your not asking for a price match and educated enough to know what the best deal is out there.

I guess that is good news for some educated consumers. Personally, I shop on-line and find someone that offers the lowest price up front (versus waiting to be asked to price match) and provides free shipping; and in many cases tax free.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place

I guess it depends on where your store is located. I live in a northern Atlanta suburb and within a 2 mile radius I have Best Buy, HH Gregg, Fry's, and Microcenter. They keep each other in check. No store is more than a couple of bucks from the others and they will all price match.

As far as loss leaders go, almost every store has them. Heck, almost every business involved in sales have them.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
What a strange tread....back on topic.

The 5s are getting cheap. They must know with the redesign coming that they will have to give the iPhone 5s away after iPhone 6 comes out.

methew0011

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2014
hi
yes speaker is provide free for some offers, and you also won these as a gift,
and these speaker have a good quality.if you want to it then click
classified website

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.