Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tony78228

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
Texas
after seeing online what the iPhone 6 should look like, I wasn't too impressed. the rounded corners makes it look like any other phone to me. I was due an upgrade, and was excited about the 6, but after seeing it, I'm going for the 5s. anyone else not thrilled with the 6?

calbear92

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2014
Tony,

Those are 'mock ups' and what various ppl are reporting. Only Apple knows what the product will look like. I'd wait until the two versions of the 6 come out and then you can decide what's best for you (plus, if the 5S is what you want- it'll be cheaper).

userbaba

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2014
For me, I really do like the rounded and slim design of iPhone 6 with wider screen than old one.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It should be triangular or something to make it different and innovative!

taelan28

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2014
These mockups are probably accurate. I too dont like the design. It seems a step backwards. The new LG G2 and G3 phones look like the step forward, and yes the Iphone 5 and 5s look better.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
It looks too boring, there's no 'wow' to the design at all....and those antenna breaks are awful.
It just doesn't look like a work of art, it appears way too plain. I'm surprised that Ive could come up with something so meh.

Grmnracing

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2011
It looks too boring, there's no 'wow' to the design at all....and those antenna breaks are awful.

It just doesn't look like a work of art, it appears way too plain. I'm surprised that Ive could come up with something so meh.

Look at my post above yours.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
This is said about every design that sees the light of day early.

The i4 and i5 designs looked ok to me, apart from the i5 being 'too tall' it still had an appealing design. We of course need to see the finished product and sure, it won't be too ugly to decline purchasing it....but it looks pretty crap regardless.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I haven't really been paying attention. Love my 5C, can't stand idea of bigger phone, clearly don't need new smaller one yet, so I'm sort of neutral for once. Not even complaining about how the rumors might be wrong and we don't even know (I guess I'm finally growing up) what the new releases will look like.

If I end up liking the 6 I guess I would have to think of it as a mini-mini iPad. Really I can't handle a larger iPhone as a phone!

wilky76

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
Wigan
If it looked like this from the back i wouldn't have no complaints about it.

iphone-6-leaks-concept-12.jpg

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Well going off mock ups I'm very upset. The antennas look like ****. But those are mock ups. Apple may put glass there which would make it perfect. If then don't then I'm going to be pissed and cry about it...

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
Apple has always design a great looking phone that is way beyond that of its competitor has to offer. So I have faith that Apple will do it thing again. Look at the itouch 5th generation. It is now three years old and still looks great. All Apple has to do is improve upon the itouch 5th for the iPhone 6!

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Apple has always design a great looking phone that is way beyond that of its competitor has to offer. So I have faith that Apple will do it thing again. Look at the itouch 5th generation. It is now three years old and still looks great. All Apple has to do is improve upon the itouch 5th for the iPhone 6!
actually its almost 2 years old...

makerleone

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
USA
That's all are mock ups its just some people are reporting that how should iPhone 6 look like. some people are really like this mock ups and some thinks that all are fake. i just want to say that don't bother about the design of iPhone 6, its just apple know that how iPhone 6 is look like. so keep waiting for 6 release, i think may be in 14th october. :)

ogremoustro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
That's all are mock ups its just some people are reporting that how should iPhone 6 look like. some people are really like this mock ups and some thinks that all are fake. i just want to say that don't bother about the design of iPhone 6, its just apple know that how iPhone 6 is look like. so keep waiting for 6 release, i think may be in 14th october. :)

Most likely before that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.