Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Though it's only been two months since Apple held its 25th annual Worldwide Developers Conference, the likely dates for its 26th conference have already surfaced. Apple's 26th annual Worldwide Developers Conference will most likely commence on June 8, 2015, and last through June 12, 2015, according to dates blocked out on the Moscone Center's 2015 summer schedule.

While the aforementioned dates are earmarked as just a "Corporate Event" on Moscone's website, in previous years (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012), the same non-specific Corporate Event during the June time period has turned out to be a placeholder for WWDC.

mosconeevent.jpg
The June 8 to 12 time period reserved at Moscone West also coincides with a multi-year convention calendar for the San Francisco Convention and Visitors Bureau that was discovered in 2010. Thus far, the listed dates, which cover potential WWDC events from 2010 to 2015, have been accurate for the past four conferences.

It is, of course, possible that the generic Corporate Event label pertains to another event unrelated to WWDC, but based on past history, it seems to point towards Apple's events. It is also possible that Apple could opt to its schedule, but at this point in time, June 8, 2015 appears to be the tentative date for the next Worldwide Developers Conference.

An official confirmation of the dates for the 26th Worldwide Developers Conference will not come until the first few months of 2015, when Apple makes an announcement and begins ticket sales. In 2014, Apple announced its June 2 WWDC on April 3. Tickets to Apple's 2014 conference were distributed via a lottery system due to high demand, and it's possible tickets for the 2015 WWDC will be handled in the same way.

Though it's early to predict possible product introductions at next year's conference, based on past history, Apple will likely highlight both iOS 9 and OS X 10.11, Yosemite's successor. The timing may also coincide with the launch of some of Intel's Broadwell chips, making it an ideal event to unveil updated Broadwell-based MacBooks.

Update 8/7 8PM PT: The "Corporate Event" listed on the Moscone Center event schedule has now been removed.

Article Link: Moscone Center Schedule Points Towards June 8-12 for 2015 Worldwide Developers Conference

iPhone7s

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2014
Yosemite & iOS 8 aren't even out yet and we're talking about the next releases. Sigh.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
It's happening. Already.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,689
Last edited:

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Wow, really MacRumours?

We haven't had our batch of new software and hardware yet and you're already looking into next year?

As someone said, anything for pages views, huh?

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
Will it be OS X Twin Pines Mall, or perhaps Lone Pine Mall, depending on which timeline you're on...

Tamalpais.

Not to nitpick, but I wish writers would stop using the phrase "past history." It makes no sense. Like "hot water heater." It should be either "past experience," or just "history."

----------

Wow, really MacRumours?

We haven't had our batch of new software and hardware yet and you're already looking into next year?

As someone said, anything for pages views, huh?

Never ceases to amaze me that people give Macrumors crap about the articles on their site, when said people have made a conscious decision to read the article so they can comment on it...

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Never ceases to amaze me that people give Macrumors crap about the articles on their site, when said people have made a conscious decision to read the article so they can comment on it...

That's the thing, I didn't even read it. I just read the title.

And yes, I get your point as I'm back to reply to you!

Last edited:

Quadrant4

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2014
Thats funny, considering your username.

Good one!

----------

I think we're all a little bored if we are reading and commenting on this article as well as the person that wrote the article.

----------

All right, let's start a pool for what the next version of OS X 10.11 is. i say Mt. Shasta (Shasta) or Lake Tahoe (or just plain Tahoe), that's my two guesses.

Or maybe Big Sur.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.