Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
First, been a while since I have been on this board because of personal and work challenges but do want to say that it is great to be back.

Second, I have decided to upgrade from my 10 year old NAS to a Mac Mini running OS X Server. There are an excellent set of video tutorials discussing the installation and installation of OS X Server at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=todd+olthoff+mavericks+server .

The one thing that confuses me is the configuration of profiles in Profile Manager:

1. If I configure a user / user group in profile manager AND THEN configure a device / device group in profile manager then how are the conflicts / differences pushed out. Would greatly appreciate an explanation of this.

2. With respect to the profile management configuration (and subject to the response to 1. above) is the best approach to a) configure the user / user group settings b) enrol the devices and c) configure the device / device group settings?

Thanks in advance,

Joel

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.