Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stovejorbs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if you could help me troubleshoot an audio issue I'm experiencing with ATV. I've got my ATV connected to an LCD tv - no receiver.

When we stream media via Airplay, the sound is fine; the volume from (over-the-air) tv stations and dvd player are fine. However, when we play back anything through the Apple TV apps (e.g., Radio, Trailers) the audio levels are way too high.

The biggest problem is that our only option is turning the tv's volume to zero (no sound) or 1 (too loud). Is there any way to throttle-down the volume on the ATV apps?

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Have you looked into your TV settings? Some of them have the option to select a high/med/low volume increment. Doing so will allow you to to have increments between the 0 and 1 volume options. But not all TVs have this.

sigfus

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Volume to loud through optical

I have connected my ATV 3 with optical cable to my receiver, and the volume is way to loud...I cant even lower it on my receiver enough to watch a film after the kids are in bed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.