Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:21 PM   #26
newyorksole
macrumors 68020

There are some Apple stores that have a section of the accessory wall dedicated to Beats By Dre speakers, headphones and earphones with a customized Beats By Dre acrylic block .
newyorksole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:22 PM   #27
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Please Apple get rid of these.

Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:23 PM   #28
MH01
macrumors 68040

Fine , they need to get back some of the wasted $3 billion. This was always going to happen.

Though

"Great sound should never be an afterthought. In every pair of Beats headphones, every speaker, every note, you’ll experience the unique blend of science and artistry that lets you hear your music the way the artist intended. Don’t just listen. Hear."

This is just plain lies. Unless artists are actually deaf. Even Samsung do not stop to this level of BS about their products .

Sell the stuff, but let's be honest they are the worst quality headphones in terms of sound quality of the major players in the industry.
MH01 is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:25 PM   #29
TsMkLg068426
macrumors 6502a

YEAH! How unexciting news how about improving iTunes radio or adding apps on Apple TV does not need cable TV. Thank GOD Bose opened a law suit against Apple and Beats.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:28 PM   #30
Aeolius
macrumors 6502a

Bose and Beats - two brands I walk right on by, at the local Apple Store.
Aeolius is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:28 PM   #31
1080p
macrumors 68000

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x (AMAZON)
Best bang for your buck on headphones.

Last edited by 1080p; Aug 7, 2014 at 02:52 PM.
1080p is offline   12 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:30 PM   #32
joetwizzy
macrumors member

Have they aways been called Beats by DR Dre? I only ever hear them called Beats by Dre, which does sound better to me.
joetwizzy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:31 PM   #33
orioncrystalice
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
I just hope they hire some decent engineers to turn the Beats products into top quality headphones and speakers with decent sound quality instead of the over priced crap they currently churn out.
Indeed. I'll be more than happy to grab some when the internals match the externals. I mean, I listen to more than 2 general types of music, it's more like at least a dozen, so I don't know if I'm important like all the people who "love music", but it would be cool if they made a pair that sound great for my flimsy listening habits.
orioncrystalice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:33 PM   #34
MH01
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
http://tinyurl.com/ATM50X
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
+1 on that.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolius View Post
Highly recommend not shopping for headphones at an apple store.
MH01 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:34 PM   #35
MacsRgr8
macrumors 604

I love my Bowers & Wilkins.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:37 PM   #36
mrhick01
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramtrax View Post
L-A-M-E.

wtf is Apple doing these days....
Uh...making profit?
mrhick01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:40 PM   #37
Trapezoid
macrumors 65816

Wheres applescruff to say everyone will now love beats even though he keeps getting proved wrong

Apple making money off their acquisition I guess
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:41 PM   #38
DudeDad
macrumors 6502

Headphones, like speakers, are a personal preference. There is no "best", it's what sounds good to you.

However, I will continue to say that Beats are mediocre headphones, marketed brilliantly. They are more of a fashion statement than high-quality headphones. Given some of the music out there, perhaps it doesn't matter.
DudeDad is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:42 PM   #39
osaga
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkichline View Post
Still a better buy that Instagram or Whatsapp.
Both of those kept Zuckerberg up at night for fear they would one day replace facebook. This is the same driving force behind Apple's purchase of Beats, it had the potential to be an iTunes killer. iTunes was/is falling behind in the way people consume music, they needed to quickly adjust, and a big part of that is curation, which is beats specialty. I just hope that after the acquisition, there is enough of the beats magic left in their leadership and employees to make a difference. I also hope Apple re-designs the physical products, or sells off that part of the company, which was a big part of $3b.
osaga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:42 PM   #40
Trapezoid
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeDad View Post
Headphones, like speakers, are a personal preference. There is no "best", it's what sounds good to you.

However, I will continue to say that Beats are mediocre headphones, marketed brilliantly. They are more of a fashion statement than high-quality headphones. Given some of the music out there, perhaps it doesn't matter.
I had the beats earbuds that came with my m7 and honestly i thought they sounded great. I am in no way, shape or form an audiophile though.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:46 PM   #41
rmbpuser
macrumors regular

i hope apple turns beats around in the future though im sceptical

beats is a pile of steaming ****

they are neither the most good looking ones or the best sounding ones they are just the most overpriced ones.

only idiots buy beats , people that fall for the moronic advertisement where celebrities are shown wearing beats so they think that if they buy them they are going to look like a star, ha ha.
or other morons who want to fit in with their moronic friends. hey look everyone has them i have no personality whatsoever i will buy them too!!

all of these people lack a fashion sense a common sense or any other sense as a matter of fact

Last edited by rmbpuser; Aug 8, 2014 at 03:56 AM.
rmbpuser is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:49 PM   #42
joetwizzy
macrumors member

Don't forget tho people the headphones are designed for listening to Hip Hop.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbpuser View Post
i hope apple turns beats around in the future though im sceptical

beats is a pile of steaming ****

they are neither the most good looking ones neither the best sounding ones they are just the most overpriced ones.

only idiots buy beats , people that fall for the moronic advertisement where celebrities are shown wearing beats so they think that when they buy it they are gonna look like a star, ha ha.
or other morons who want to fit in with their moronic friends, hey look everyone has them i have no personality whatsoever i will buy them too!!

all of these people lack a fashion sense a common sense or any other sense as a matter of fact
You need to calm down and be a bit nicer.
joetwizzy is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:50 PM   #43
decksnap
macrumors 68030

I was still holding out hope they would operate Beats from the opposite end of a ten foot pole. This is sad.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:51 PM   #44
12vElectronics
macrumors 68020

People just love to hate Beats. It's good to have competition in the market and let people have a choice.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:51 PM   #45
Apple Corps
macrumors 68020

Diluting the Apple Brand....
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:54 PM   #46
1080p
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetwizzy View Post
Don't forget tho people the headphones are designed for listening to Hip Hop.
You are correct on that. Maybe Apple will have an influence on their sound quality. I could see Apple pushing a line of Beats headphones aimed at different genre's. Hip Hip, Rock, Techno, Classical... etc.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:54 PM   #47
dannyyankou
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
http://tinyurl.com/ATM50X
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
I'll second this!
dannyyankou is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:54 PM   #48
JulesK
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolius View Post
I agree re. Beats. I was excited about the new Studio headphone, and spent a bunch of time listening to them at an Apple Store, and there was no comparison to the sound of the B&W P7 (which admittedly is $100 more).

The Bose NC headphones, on the other hand, are the best in environments where you need NC. The QC20 is truly amazing. I actually like Bose products; they may be overpriced and people may not like their sound, but they have an attention to detail and support that is absent from so many other brands. I've been very happy with the Bose products I own (QC15, QC20i, BT headset), and while I wouldn't use them in a quiet listening environment if I had other good options, the QC15 and 20 are awesome travel companions. The BT headset has been very reliable and easy to use, so no regrets there, either.
JulesK is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:56 PM   #49
Four oF NINE
macrumors 65816

I'm very happy with my Bang & Olufsen.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 01:59 PM   #50
The Barron
macrumors regular

Great Sound? Yeah, right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPepper12 View Post
I don't care much about the acquisition of beats, but seeing Apple themselves advertising beats accessories as "great sound" feels kind of painful. I don't know what it is.
Of course Apple needs to recoup it's reported (We'll probably never really know the actual amount.) Beats investment.

One thing's sure, this will sure get the headphone research consumer review sites whipped into an "update" frenzy.

The teenage & 20's "I'm too cool" crowd will probably be the buyers of these headphones. The rest of us who have the time, money & patience to research will do just that. Will we end up with Beats? My money says not a chance.
The Barron is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion