Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuartrozier

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Hello,

since purchasing mac mini, been having continuous problems with sleep and wake, doesn't sleep, something is stopping it.

either way, have installed an app called 'please-sleep' it forces it to sleep... which is fine.

but after installing some new ram yesterday, it now won't wake from sleep ? my mouse would never wake it regardless, my keyboard would - pressing the spacebar key,

but now it doesn't wake it at all, and i have to keep holding the power button down to force a shutdown an restart it :(

is their a fix to this ?

many thanks in advance,

stuart

Celerondon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2013
Southern Cal
Put - The Candle - Back (Mel Brooks 1974)

Replace your original memory to determine if your new sticks are causing the problem.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Hello,

since purchasing mac mini, been having continuous problems with sleep and wake, doesn't sleep, something is stopping it.

either way, have installed an app called 'please-sleep' it forces it to sleep... which is fine.

but after installing some new ram yesterday, it now won't wake from sleep ? my mouse would never wake it regardless, my keyboard would - pressing the spacebar key,

but now it doesn't wake it at all, and i have to keep holding the power button down to force a shutdown an restart it :(

is their a fix to this ?

many thanks in advance,

stuart

Try repairing permissions under Disk Utility and resetting PRAM. Wake up used to take forever after I installed a SSD on my Mini. Repairing permissions or resetting PRAM worked to me (don't know what really fixed the issue).

stuartrozier

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
...result as such

Try repairing permissions under Disk Utility and resetting PRAM. Wake up used to take forever after I installed a SSD on my Mini. Repairing permissions or resetting PRAM worked to me (don't know what really fixed the issue).

as an update, think it was a faulty ram module.

received 2, and tested one individually, - one of them was causing blocks across the screen and not going any further than apple logo,

the other worked fine, crucial memory.com have horned to replace them both under their lifetime guarantee.

... I did try both things you said, but neither in this case worked, but thankyou all the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.