Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soiled.tomato

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
There was a time I could have considered myself a customer of Amazon. Not anymore!
After getting the short end of the stick as both buyer and seller I said to hell with that. I'm what some call rogue now.
I used the same practices and policies to my advantage and scored a descent amount back (5k+ thus far). I just pressed back with the same force amazon used on me.
If anyone interested in knowing more contact me

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
There was a time I could have considered myself a customer of Amazon. Not anymore!
After getting the short end of the stick as both buyer and seller I said to hell with that. I'm what some call rogue now.
I used the same practices and policies to my advantage and scored a descent amount back (5k+ thus far). I just pressed back with the same force amazon used on me.
If anyone interested in knowing more contact me

Things have probably changed since 2011, when this thread originated.

coyote

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2003
Sausalito, CA
Amazon refunded the buyer, so now he has my macbook AND money! I contacted the police but they basically said that they can't do anything since he didn't physically rob me. Is there anything else I can do?

I sell on eBay, and I only sell to buyers who have a positive history and are within certain countries. If anyone asks me to do something shady (take it off auction and I'll give you $500 right now!) it's usually a sign of a scam, and I say "no."

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I sell on eBay, and I only sell to buyers who have a positive history and are within certain countries. If anyone asks me to do something shady (take it off auction and I'll give you $500 right now!) it's usually a sign of a scam, and I say "no."

You could still be scammed. When selling a laptop there really is nothing to stop a buyer to say it's "not as described" and send a box back with tracking but not have your item in it.

I've been fortunate enough for it not to happen to me even though I sell a lot of stuff on eBay, but it's still possible. The last few Macs I've sold have been on Craigslist though. Just always felt more comfortable dealing in cash for those.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
Can you see the delivery address on the Track&Trace page? If not, you should contact the curier he sent the parcel with and get the delivery address of the parcel.

Maybe he sent it to himself and signed with your name?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.