Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sotorious

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Ok well i been contimplating getting a mac pro for music production, as i dont do it as often as i used to so i decided to just possibly upgrade the ram.

2 questions:

1 how much ram can the imac hold and which ram type should i buy? and will i see a decent bump in performance, this imac has the i3 processor in it mid2010

last question:

Ive had mouse issue movement

I have a logi g500 on in it right now, i am mainly a windows user, just does not feel smooth and it always bugs the hell out of me. Anyone know any fixes on that issue?

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Ok well i been contimplating getting a mac pro for music production, as i dont do it as often as i used to so i decided to just possibly upgrade the ram.

2 questions:

1 how much ram can the imac hold and which ram type should i buy? and will i see a decent bump in performance, this imac has the i3 processor in it mid2010

last question:

I have a logi g500 on in it right now, i am mainly a windows user, just does not feel smooth and it always bugs the hell out of me. Anyone know any fixes on that issue?

I found this great web page, that might help you out, check it out for the 21.5" model:

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP588?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

and

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN

2 questions:

last question:

You can have a maximum of 16GB RAM in your iMac, but upgrading to an SSD would give it an even larger boost. The Samsung 840 Evo is pretty good.

For the mouse, when scrolling, it just tends to feel rough, even with an Apple mouse. I use a trackpad for smooth scrolling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.