Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StinkyDonk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
I have a problem which can be found on a well known computer site (not sure if we can link) under the thread title "Upgrading after jailbreak...?"

Basically i ended up downloading iFile to remove an app that wouldn't delete. I can't find it in /var/mobile/Applications, yet it's still on my springboard.

The people on the computer site i asked on seem to have run out of ideas.

Any idea how i use iFile to do this?

Last edited:

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I have a problem which can be found on a well known computer site (not sure if we can link) under the thread title "Upgrading after jailbreak...?"

Basically i ended up downloading iFile to remove an app that wouldn't delete. I can't find it in /var/mobile/Applications, yet it's still on my springboard.

The people on the computer site i asked on seem to have run out of ideas.

Any idea how i use iFile to do this?

LOL...what app is it? If it is a Cydia app then it should be in /Applications folder. Also delete your icon cache (/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache) and springboard cache (/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard), and reboot.

StinkyDonk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
The app is Fifa 13.

In the applications i can find every other app installed (i think), but this doesn't show.

how do i actually delete the icon & springboard caches? And more importantly, will this cause issues elsewhere in the phone?

By reboot, do you mean turn phone off & back on?

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
The app is Fifa 13.

In the applications i can find every other app installed (i think), but this doesn't show.

how do i actually delete the icon & springboard caches? And more importantly, will this cause issues elsewhere in the phone?

By reboot, do you mean turn phone off & back on?

Just delete the two folders I listed. It won't harm your phone.

finnmic

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2014
Need Help with Icons ios 7.1.2 ipad

LOL...what app is it? If it is a Cydia app then it should be in /Applications folder. Also delete your icon cache (/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache) and springboard cache (/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard), and reboot.

Does this work with iPads that haven't been jailbroken ? if no is there a way too delete icons from the spring board permanently on a non jailbreak ipad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.