Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
On the ground in Shenzhen Airport!!

I am hiding in a cargo container with a peep hole, trying to see if any pallets of finished Iphones are being loaded. So far, nothing, but I will be here for the next 26 days!!

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
How do you say that 'recent' rumors only show that the 5.5" will have it? There are 0 recent rumors to suggest that. The only viable rumor period, to suggest that the 4.7" won't, but the 5.5" will, is the rumor of this purported leaked schematics:

Ok then, there's been one rumour.

https://www.macrumors.com/2014/08/11/iphone-6-rear-logo-camera-ring-more-photos/

A quote: "The external camera ring also makes an appearance once again, and may indicate that at least one iPhone 6 model may have a protruding lens. To this point, leaked design drawings, mockups, and rumors have pointed to the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 having a protruding rear lens, while reports have pointed to a flush rear camera for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6."

----------

Just wondering - is the iPhone 6 the first cell phone with a protruding camera? If no - have the experiences with other phones been THAT bad that it seems to be such a major issue?

For me it's not an issue.

I think most people are just worrying about the fact that it will wobble a little if it's placed on a table.

lovewd

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2013
Am I the only one hoping that every leak is wrong? I think all these "leaks" of pictures of the iPhone 6 are absolutely hideous because of those large antennas and that pertruding camera!! I think these leaks are all bs to make people think that people actually have info on the iPhone 6. I think apple will give a us a thin beautiful bigger phone, that none of us expected.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
iOS works so well BECAUSE it's attached in function and design to Apple hardware. Apple doesn't allow much choice because they know they have some of the smartest people on the planet making the choices for the average person. Allow the average person to make changes and you have what you see when someone jailbreaks their device and absolutely slaughters the look of it with any one of the ten trillion abysmal themes. Allow the average person to make changes that affect battery life (which Apple does allow), and you have everyone crying that their battery dies too quickly, when in reality it's because they have no idea how to set it up properly, and limit the things that drain battery no matter what hardware you're using.

Why do you think Apple has the smartest people and every other company, Microsoft, Sony, Samsung, HTC, the list goes on and on and on.
And that list contains all the people who actually R&D and Make much of what Apple uses, why do you think they are all average?

Cortona

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2014
Why do you think Apple has the smartest people and every other company, Microsoft, Sony, Samsung, HTC, the list goes on and on and on.
And that list contains all the people who actually R&D and Make much of what Apple uses, why do you think they are all average?

Never said all of them are. Average consumer is not among the smartest people in the world. All companies have highly intelligent people working for them. Apple has highly intelligent people working for them, and in charge, and their entire philosophy is superior. Microsoft released metro windows 8, in other words they have really stupid people working for them and/or in charge. Google thinks you should be able to order a pizza with your watch (while your phone is in your pocket) with Android Wear, in other words they have really stupid people working for them and/or in charge.

I will had it to Apple for removing swiping in the finder though. That was of ample lack of intelligence. Just not as great as other companies still.

TWSS37

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
Never said all of them are. Average consumer is not among the smartest people in the world. All companies have highly intelligent people working for them. Apple has highly intelligent people working for them, and in charge, and their entire philosophy is superior. Microsoft released metro windows 8, in other words they have really stupid people working for them and/or in charge. Google thinks you should be able to order a pizza with your watch (while your phone is in your pocket) with Android Wear, in other words they have really stupid people working for them and/or in charge.

I will had it to Apple for removing swiping in the finder though. That was of ample lack of intelligence. Just not as great as other companies still.

I wish I had the time back that I wasted reading this response.

rjtyork

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
I've always had this question, and I'm sorry if it's a dumb one... But when they start mass production, it's usually before the GM of the new iOS is released... How do they still manage to load it onto the phones that were made before the software was done being built??

redcarlsen

macrumors regular
May 22, 2014
What's so big with the camrea comming out a litte? Nobody complain with the iPod touch - a few people found it to be cool as it showed the iPod was so thin it couldn't have all it's camrea inside of if!

i have an itouch 5th gen and i'd like to complain about the protruding camera. if the device is laying flat and you try typing or using the touch screen, it wobbles. poor design choice.

Jago

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2013
I just really really wish that iPhone 6 has 2gb of RAM (or more). I've been upgrading my phone annually for 5 years now and I intend to stick with my next upgrade for 2-3 years. That would be impossible with a 1gb RAM device as the Safari tab reloading (wiping clean anything you've typed in any web form) is already driving me up the goddamn wall.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I've always had this question, and I'm sorry if it's a dumb one... But when they start mass production, it's usually before the GM of the new iOS is released... How do they still manage to load it onto the phones that were made before the software was done being built??

I believe the phones are not flashed and packaged until the weeks leading up to the release.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010

Clever and Stupid are tricky terms.

I think many things Apple do are stupid and dumb.
Making a GIANT all in one PC for the desktop, then making it so thin it run hot. (iMac's have always run hot) Due to an issue, probably with this design, prone to yellow screens, and also due to this design you cannot fit a highish end GPU in them as there is no way to get the heat out.

That's dumb in my books. Crippling a desktop computer for a reduction in thickness no one would care about.

Stereo speakers right next to each other on one side on their high end premium tablet. That's dumb.

No flash unit so the tablet can't take pictures in dimply lit environments, that's dumb.

A mac pro that you can't add things into but have to have it all trailing with multiple box's and wires all over the place, that's dumb.

As you see, my version of dumb, may be different to your version of dumb.

Apple's biggest and continual negative for me, is that they continue to make, how it looks, more important that how it performs.

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
I am hiding in a cargo container with a peep hole, trying to see if any pallets of finished Iphones are being loaded. So far, nothing, but I will be here for the next 26 days!!

Pssssssst ! Hey Jim !!!! Is that you?

kemal

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2001
Nebraska
I hope for a sapphire display cover, liquid metal bands , 2100mah battery, 6.7mm thickness , no more than 120g weight and i will not care even if they make it 100$ expensive to cover the profits by the materials used

Me too. But wouldn't the liquidmetal bands short out the antennas?

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

The GM is probably ready. Internally, Apple are one, two or possibly three builds ahead of everyone.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
For all the people who think it's to late for mass production: Foxconn even had a production volume of 500k per day last year for the 5s. So it's save to say they can also make 500k iPhone 6's per day, probably more.
35 days till release - 15-20 millions of iPhone 6's.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA

The GM is done weeks before it's released to developers.

Any major bugs found in the software between then and launch are fixed in iOS 8.0.1 shortly after launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.