Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
How come? They are different models (same model can be of different color, but not storage size) and different models need approval.

No. Radio transmitters need approval. There would not be any difference in the radios between different storage sizes. So this means either 6 and 6C or two different 6 models.

Mr.Mong

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2014
In Thai news, it mentions A1586 and A1524. You can check it here.

http://www.manager.co.th/Cyberbiz/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9570000092133

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Please Steve come back with an better iphone 4", Tim understands nothing.

The 4 inch phone is dead. Time to come to grips with it. The large screen phones for Android are selling big-time and there is no way Apple is going to miss out on that market, even if Steve Jobs was still around.

kjohn

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
The significantly lower model number could suggest that it's the new iPhone 6c. Come on guys, did you really think Apple would announce a new iPhone and not have a "mid tier" (aka rehashed older model) for sale??

Also, the model numbers never have differentiated size or color. See for yourself:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939

Last edited:

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
A1586 no doubt is the new iphone 6 as the model number is by far the largest, even larger than any model for Iphone 5S.

Right now, the highest Iphone 5C model is...guess what? A1532. Iphone 5C model is even higher than the unreleased A1524, so most likely this is a cheap 6C model.
The model numbers don't necessarily strictly increase from one generation to the next. Some iPhone 5s's have A14xx model numbers and there are quite a few more overlaps elsewhere.

odds

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2014
Los Angeles
Nup,
and I do not live in a ranch, do not breed cows, not a wannebe, I'm not a farmer with his hands by plowman fields.

I am a designer, an architect, a Estata, an artist, I need a phone to my height.

Wtf? Stop whining and learn to speak English! If you "need" a phone "to your height" so desperately then, GUESS WHAT? There are PLENTY of 4" iPhones out there for you! It's quite astounding, I know! But it's true!! Enjoy!! /s

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
Wow, Google Translate for the win…

Bing Translate for the win....

Google Translate: "Office of the NBTC through standard iPhone 6 to allow dealers in Thailand then"

Bing Translate: "Kotthot Office certified the standard iPhone 6 to allow the Thai distributors"

Babylon: "Office กสทช certification through candy 6 to allow it to sell in Thailand, and then, sir"

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
i think they need to stick with the last year plan. Like the two tone flash isn't going anywhere because was just released last year...so does the Apple market plan for two iPhones The 4.7" iphone and the 4.7" iphone 6C
I think people wants that multiple colours

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Two versions or not,I honestly don't care. I just want a new iPhone with a larger screen 4.7 or whatever it may be. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 76

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012

mirco15

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2010
i think they need to stick with the last year plan. Like the two tone flash isn't going anywhere because was just released last year...so does the Apple market plan for two iPhones The 4.7" iphone and the 4.7" iphone 6C
I think people wants that multiple colours

iPhone 6c will be 4.7" too ?
bahahahhahahahahaha

ok MAN bye.

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
Bing Translate for the win....

Google Translate: "Office of the NBTC through standard iPhone 6 to allow dealers in Thailand then"

Bing Translate: "Kotthot Office certified the standard iPhone 6 to allow the Thai distributors"

Babylon: "Office กสทช certification through candy 6 to allow it to sell in Thailand, and then, sir"

I think if I take all three of those together, I can make sense of that tweet. Translation software still has a long way to go.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
So there's either no 5.5" or no 4"?

This is actually bad news if true.

a.roden

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2013
Wolverhampton GB
I think Apple will move away from the 'c' branding, as '6c' is too difficult for people to pronounce, and it sounds too similar to 'Sexy' haha :eek:

mirco15

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2010
ok Jony Ive i belive in u. :apple:

new 4" iphone please.
and if is possible Scott Forstall back.

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
A better combination would be 4.7 and a normal 4, wouldn't it? I mean, that keeps both the people who want the same size and the group that wants something bigger.
No. And SJ would disagree. He often said people didn't know what they wanted because all they knew is what they already had, not what was next.

Gary03mw

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2013
I get so tired of people calling the C models "cheap."

For the most part I love it that Apple is quiet and doesn't waste time refuting every dumb rumor that comes around. Sometimes though this passive style allows the media to really control the narrative. That's exactly what happened with the 5C. Analysts, bloggers, and pundits in general, started telling everyone that Apple was releasing a "cheap" phone that could be priced as low as $300 without a contract. They said this so frequently that it became the expectation. When Apple announced the 5C everyone knew it was the lower end model and then when the price hit it was shocking to so many. In reality Apple released a great phone with the 5C, but it still can't get away from the "cheap" narrative that the media implanted. The 5C was much much better than just keeping the 5 around like Apple had done previously, but it didn't matter.

Not that I'm saying that the 5C has been a flop or anything. I'm just making the point that sometimes Apple should step in front of the media and control the narrative before a mentality gets set in stone.

screensaver400

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2005
Where is A1533 referenced?

From the article:

"Apple reportedly filed the import application on August 5 and received certification of equipment and a written approval notice on August 8 for two iPhones with model numbers A1586 and A1524."

How odd. I could have sworn it said A1533. Maybe I was just half-asleep.

In any event, if you look at the listing of iPhone 5c model numbers, A1524 would be right smack in the middle of them. Frankly, that makes me suspect it's an 8GB iPhone 5c, for the $0 price point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.