Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bazu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

Recently i see screen artifacts instead of "load indicator" while powering down my nMP. Those small dots have the spinning feel to their behavior all thou they stay stationary in same spots.

Could it be GPU failure or something wrong in the OS and reinstalling will solve it?

I do not experience any performance issues nor artifacts during regular use, just when power down.

Thanks for help!

Attachments

• zdj?cie-kopia.jpg
    zdj?cie-kopia.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 182

mikeboss

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2009
switzerland
I also see these artifacts while shutdown is in progress, but ONLY when shutting down OS X Yosemite. with Mavericks, this isn't happening.

Bazu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw, Poland
I also see these artifacts while shutdown is in progress, but ONLY when shutting down OS X Yosemite. with Mavericks, this isn't happening.

Makes me think it could be a driver issue not hardware.
Gonna bring it for hardware test to apple and let them check it.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010

I see the same thing on Yosemite on an old MacPro 3,1 (2008) with a ATI 5870.
Therefore I cannot imagine that being hardware problem especially during shutdown.

ha1o2surfer

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
is that a GPU artifact or just a monitor not displaying the gray correctly and showing the moire effect?

Bazu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Warsaw, Poland
Did clean recovery install. Strange thing after formating internal HD and installing everything I have 10GB more space on it with same data and same apps.

Oh well something good came out of that reinstall (it took 5 hours to download Mavericks and CC apps from cloud)

As for now I think hardware could be ok as some of you mention you see same things on different machines too.

poematik13

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2014
Yosemite is beta software is not designed for normal use. That's why you're getting issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.