Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I can listen to audio from 2 sources on my computer, why can't i do the same on at least my iPad? Let's see apple make it so iTunes Radio or anything you have playing in the music app can stay playing while you watch a video in Safari/Facebook/twitter

Oh, would love a quick reply function for mail / iMessage while they're at it...

Because it would be a garbled mess of noise.

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Smart Playlists in the Music Player app.

Can't believe they've left something like that out.

Safari Push Notifications, as in Mavericks. Please. I MUST know right when MacRumors posts a new article about an iPhone mockup‽

My only expectation is quick reply and there's no report of it... Perhaps it's a super well-kept secret feature that has not yet leaked tho.

Ability to make groups in Contacts just as on OS X…I've been waiting for this since forever.

I'd like these features as well, and think it is a matter of time before iOS receives these features. I expect iOS and OS X to approach feature parity.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
When I click clock in control centre it opens up to alarm clock and not the timer

Make it happen apple!!!
The whole world wants this.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
I would like some apps that are fundamental to the OS and are often unable to be deleted. To be more pleasurable in using.

Music app
Calendar app
Notes app

I would also like the ability to remove apps that have no value to me.
Such as newstand or even passbook which so far I have only ever used once and now it appears it hasn't really been adopted by much of the industry.

blahbrah

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2006
It'd be great if they could make iTunes Match a service worth 25 bucks so it's not so bug ridden and if albums were listed chronologically ascending instead of descending.

That's it.

hypotc

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
I want this to. How often does anyone use timer?

I use the timer a lot when I'm cooking etc, so I'd rather have it the way it is!

One thing I want in iOS8 though, is the ability to set which days "Do Not Disturb" turns on. I sometimes forget to turn of the scheduled DND on weekends, and miss late night calls because of it.

Merks

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2011
I use the timer a lot when I'm cooking etc, so I'd rather have it the way it is!

One thing I want in iOS8 though, is the ability to set which days "Do Not Disturb" turns on. I sometimes forget to turn of the scheduled DND on weekends, and miss late night calls because of it.

Basically, we all just want customization of those four control center items... haha.

I want something small, an "Add to Up Next" in the music app. iTunes has it, so it most likely will come, but... if it doesn't.... :mad:

Ti Rider

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2010
Mine are simple -

Quit all Apps

Improve 'Music' by making it more like it used to be

Make iTunes Radio a separate app

Multitasking for the iPad

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Basically, we all just want customization of those four control center items... haha.

I'm interested in little power user features, such as holding down the wifi toggle in control center to open up wifi settings. And I'd like a bunch of little features such as contact groups that are in the Mac apps but aren't in the respective iOS apps.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
All I want is quick reply for SMS. That's it. If Apple put that in iOS 8 I wouldn't even bother jail breaking.

Also. Wouldn't mind the ability to remove apps. I don't want. I'm spending £500+ on a phone. If I want the ability to delete the stocks app etc I should have it. I should be able to use the space on my phone however I want. Not have to have some of it taken up by apps I've never opened in 4 years of owning iPhones.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well, well, looks like quick reply is here finally, among tons of other things like some widgets even, third-party keyboards, sharing between apps, etc. iOS 8 might actually be a bigger release than a lot of previous ones (and even bigger in a sense than iOS 7 as far as actual functionality and power it seems to bring with it). Talk about addressing quite a few of the wants and needs people have had for iOS not just recently but for a long time.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
Well, well, looks like quick reply is here finally, among tons of other things like some widgets even, third-party keyboards, sharing between apps, etc. iOS 8 might actually be a bigger release than a lot of previous ones (and even bigger in a sense than iOS 7 as far as actual functionality and power it seems to bring with it). Talk about addressing quite a few of the wants and needs people have had for iOS not just recently but for a long time.

Is it unlimited sharing between apps or only apps Apple deem worthy?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.