Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyDataMyProbs

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2014
Then you should have said "i want an LED that can turn blue" not "I want a multi-color LED."

By the way, the actual LED emitters are blue. The light only looks because of the phosphorescent material in the package above the emitters. The yellow phosphors actually produce white, not yellow, light when they absorb the blue LED light.

why are you just picking an argument. i know what the other guy was trying to say. yes multi means more than one, however; CONTEXT is also part of our language. so in CONTEXT to what he was saying, multi means red, blue, purple, orange, the entire color wheel and all the shades in between.

but i understand, you MUST really want that post count up!

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
It's too bad, from seeing these part leaks, that Apple definitely won't be improving the response time! :(

There is absolutely no way you can reach that conclusion by looking at some pictures of components that haven't even been confirmed to be iPhone parts. And even then it would be impossible.

Suddenly everyone is a microelectronics engineer here...

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
Keep adding to the list !! This phone I hope will be years ahead of any samsung!

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast
That's why Apple works better than others.

This is SO apple. Make something new, then go back to their originally loved forms while still keeping the improvements.

It's ok to constantly evaluate your projects. That's why Apple is where it's at today and not just another Blackberry or Motorola flip phone.

Go Apple :apple:

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
There is absolutely no way you can reach that conclusion by looking at some pictures of components that haven't even been confirmed to be iPhone parts. And even then it would be impossible.

Suddenly everyone is a microelectronics engineer here...

No kidding...I should have included the /sarcasm tag.

Last edited:

ogun7

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2001
This is another reason why I think there won't be (and never was going to be) a 5.5" phone this year. Why would the camera protrude on the 5.5" but not the 4.7"? Wouldn't both phones be the same thickness?

I don't doubt that 5.5" versions have been built, but I think they have all been prototypes and nothing more.

It's been conjectured in posts here and 9to5 Mac that the 5.5" iPhone will have a better camera, with optical image stabilization since they have more room for the lens element. They'll probably only have the protruding lens ring for removable zoom and wide angle add-ons on the bigger model.

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
For me, this 99% confirms the legitimacy of the most recent part leaks. Guess we've seen the physical appearance of the iPhone 6, then. While there's nothing wrong currently, and I'm unsure of what I would want to change, I'm getting a little bored of the same face each iteration. Of course, there's not much you can change when it's almost all screen; but I'm still someone bored of it.

I feel this too. I think Apple senses it as well, hence the screen size increase.

Shirke

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2013
Fresh leaks are coming every other day.
I cant wait to dump my Samsung Note 3 planning on getting the iphone 6 5.5"

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
Im just nervous as hell that the iPhone 6 will look like all those mockups :(

It is by far the worst looking iPhone! I know its just a "Mockup" but I bet 80% it will look like the dummy versions out there with its thick lines and all!

...said everybody after each new series leak.

and really, it makes you nervous? how odd. i cant think of any of my consumer electronics gear making me...nervous. theyre just things. either they offer value and i use them, or i dont.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Honesty, I don't really use my camera on my iPhone 5s that much to even notice, or care, about True-Tone...

To me,,, it just looks good anyway.....and that makes me a happy camper

Waughy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Australia
This story will save a lot of tears from those sulking at the thought the true tone flash wouldn't be in the new iPhone because it wasn't pill shaped.
It made a fair difference between photos taken on the 5 and 5S, so made no sense to drop it and go backwards.

iCore24

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan
...said everybody after each new series leak.

and really, it makes you nervous? how odd. i cant think of any of my consumer electronics gear making me...nervous. theyre just things. either they offer value and i use them, or i dont.

Yes it makes me...brace yourself...NERVOUS! This will be the phone I carry with me and use everyday and will have the same design for the NEXT 2 YEARS! Of course I'm buying it regardless because i'd rather have better performance then design but design still matters.

This isn't just about a phone, this is about Apple in general. They are suppose to be the top tech manufacture in design. But its clearly not with that nasty design!

This is a Tech forum where people who love tech like me come. So yes we do care about our stuff and have higher value in them then "normies" like you. I always look at my watch, iPhone, MacBook, iPad and am amazed on how awesome it looks.

Especially my watch since its always on my wrist, I sometimes just feel and touch and appreciate the design and how it works even though its a normal quartz watch. Which is why I am EAGERLY waiting for the iWatch which yes again... makes me nervous how its going to look!

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011
I never understood why people were so confused about this at first. It was quite obvious that Apple had merged the two LEDs or used only one LED to flash both colours very fast.
And they acquired a micro LED company.

----------

Fresh leaks are coming every other day.
I cant wait to dump my Samsung Note 3 planning on getting the iphone 6 5.5"

5.5" you will be waiting a long time

----------

Yes it makes me...brace yourself...NERVOUS! This will be the phone I carry with me and use everyday and will have the same design for the NEXT 2 YEARS! Of course I'm buying it regardless because i'd rather have better performance then design but design still matters.

This isn't just about a phone, this is about Apple in general. They are suppose to be the top tech manufacture in design. But its clearly not with that nasty design!

This is a Tech forum where people who love tech like me come. So yes we do care about our stuff and have higher value in them then "normies" like you. I always look at my watch, iPhone, MacBook, iPad and am amazed on how awesome it looks.

Especially my watch since its always on my wrist, I sometimes just feel and touch and appreciate the design and how it works even though its a normal quartz watch. Which is why I am EAGERLY waiting for the iWatch which yes again... makes me nervous how its going to look!

Will u use a case? I'm not happy about the mockups either but I'll still be buying regardless because of the tech

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Oh.... You're one of 'those' posters. In addition to literacy, CONTEXT is also very pertinent for effective communication in our language. Although I'm sure you know what he meant by his statement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.