Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:16 AM   #51
apolloa
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruiserB View Post
Somehow I don't think the law of the land calls for public notification via Twitter.
I agree, however it does state to make the information public knowledge and therefore once it is public knowledge it can be twittered as much as it can be reported on in Mac Rumours.

Last edited by apolloa; Aug 14, 2014 at 12:52 PM.
apolloa is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:19 AM   #52
derek4484
macrumors 6502

Doesn't our government do the same thing when a handset gets FCC approval? Its then a matter of public record. Apple cannot and should not be able to countermand that. Its freedom of information, and its the law.
derek4484 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:24 AM   #53
bananas
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek4484 View Post
Doesn't our government do the same thing when a handset gets FCC approval? Its then a matter of public record. Apple cannot and should not be able to countermand that. Its freedom of information, and its the law.
The Thai officials shouldn't have speculated on the product name, that's where they made the mistake (announcing it's two different models of iPhone 6).
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:25 AM   #54
John.B
macrumors 68040

As I said yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post
I'm guessing Thailand won't be on the list of initial release countries for whatever phone follows the iPhone 6.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:31 AM   #55
KPOM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmini View Post
No it doesn't.

It sounds like Apple has 1 flagship model, and 1 revised model for the $99 price point.....just like last year.

And in terms of flagship model, just like EVERY year.

There is no 5.5. There never was.

Parts Leaks: Enough to build a working 4.7.....Not a single piece from 5.5.
iPhone 5CS? I wonder if they'll position the 5C as the low-end in developed markets, the "5CS" where the 5C is now, and the "6" as the new high end? Sales of the 5C haven't been radically different from previous "old model" iPhones, and FoxConn has gotten really efficient at making the aluminum cases, so it's still conceivable that they will keep the 5S around as the mid-range.

We haven't seen any leaks from the purported 5.5" model, but we haven't seen any "5CS" leaks, either (though that would be easier to keep a secret since it just involves putting the 5S innards into the 5C case).
KPOM is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:34 AM   #56
Milese3
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmini View Post
No it doesn't.

It sounds like Apple has 1 flagship model, and 1 revised model for the $99 price point.....just like last year.

And in terms of flagship model, just like EVERY year.

There is no 5.5. There never was.

Parts Leaks: Enough to build a working 4.7.....Not a single piece from 5.5.
We've had some internal leaks.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOM View Post
iPhone 5CS? I wonder if they'll position the 5C as the low-end in developed markets, the "5CS" where the 5C is now, and the "6" as the new high end? Sales of the 5C haven't been radically different from previous "old model" iPhones, and FoxConn has gotten really efficient at making the aluminum cases, so it's still conceivable that they will keep the 5S around as the mid-range.

We haven't seen any leaks from the purported 5.5" model, but we haven't seen any "5CS" leaks, either (though that would be easier to keep a secret since it just involves putting the 5S innards into the 5C case).
I completely agree, a larger iPhone 6 is more likely than an upgrade to the iPhone 5C.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:34 AM   #57
PatriotInvasion
macrumors 65816

Yes 2 models....your 16GB and 32GB config. Enjoy!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:34 AM   #58
psac
macrumors 6502

Maybe they'll have a special version for Thailand in the future, branded the iPhone-Thai...

Of course then they'll have to have the matching iPad-Thai.

Sounds yummy!

psac is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:36 AM   #59
iolinux333
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSee View Post
Right. More drastic measures would just reflect poorly on Apple. Moving Thailand back to the second launch wave -- where they can't disrupt Apple's launch plans -- of the *next* release strikes the right balance, I think.
Dear Lord, you people are putting this out there like there needs to be Punishment from On High for displeasing the Almighty.

Holy *******. This really is a religion for a lot of you.
iolinux333 is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:36 AM   #60
bananas
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Maybe they'll have a special version for Thailand in the future, branded the iPhone-Thai...

Of course then they'll have to have the matching iPad-Thai.

Sounds yummy!

That would be ThaiPhone and ThaiPad
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:37 AM   #61
cmChimera
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman View Post
It will be iPhone Air and iPhone Pro....
What is professional about a bigger screen?
cmChimera is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:37 AM   #62
LinksAwakener
macrumors regular

One thing I'm just not quite understanding is this "lack of evidence as evidence" kick some people are on...

First, because you haven't seen part leaks for a 5.5" iPhone 6 doesn't mean the device doesn't exist. That's lunacy.

Second, there have been part leaks. Not as many, but it's also being developed in smaller numbers according to rumors. So that makes logical sense.

Third, you claim lack of part leaks for 5.5" iPhone means they're making a 4.0" "6C" version -- but no parts have EVER been even RUMORED for this. Yet you put your faith in that. Someone needs to explain this to me.
LinksAwakener is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:39 AM   #63
iHEARTcartoons
macrumors regular

Come on Apple, let's get a grip... Don't they read MacRumors? Everyone already knows there will be two versions.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:40 AM   #64
Milese3
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmChimera View Post
Not the screen- the internals. Past reports speculated a faster processor for the larger phone.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:40 AM   #65
iolinux333
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmChimera View Post
The price.
iolinux333 is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:42 AM   #66
Applefan 2013
macrumors 6502

I knew that Tim wouldn't be happy...
Applefan 2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:44 AM   #67
XVentura
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post
As I said yesterday:
Wait, so people like me, people that willingly fork over a ton of money to Apple without getting the benefits that consumers in America and Europe do - such as access to an Apple Store - are punished because a stupid bureaucrat overstepped his mark?

I hope Apple aren't as petty as some of you are or they'll lose a ton of consumers in a market that they have a very good reputation in.
XVentura is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:45 AM   #68
sdugoten
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinksAwakener View Post
One thing I'm just not quite understanding is this "lack of evidence as evidence" kick some people are on...

First, because you haven't seen part leaks for a 5.5" iPhone 6 doesn't mean the device doesn't exist. That's lunacy.

Second, there have been part leaks. Not as many, but it's also being developed in smaller numbers according to rumors. So that makes logical sense.

Third, you claim lack of part leaks for 5.5" iPhone means they're making a 4.0" "6C" version -- but no parts have EVER been even RUMORED for this. Yet you put your faith in that. Someone needs to explain this to me.

First, look at this post. http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...8&postcount=39

Regarding the leaked parts like the following link
http://www.macrumors.com/2014/07/28/...7-5-5-iphones/

It *can* be parts for Iphone 6 and Iphone 5CS/Iphone 6C because the size is not really greatly different if you ask me. 1 one them is a bit smaller while the other 2 is about the same if you ask me.
sdugoten is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:45 AM   #69
kmichalec
macrumors 6502

Come on. Do you honestly believe this isn't another control leak, to generate buzz? This just ramped up the fever about the new phones even higher. Best "accident" in the world for Apple. Lets see, what's greater? Lose maybe a $10Mill in lost iP5S sales from those who will wait now, or gain another $25Mill in iP6 sales from heightened anticipation? Apple PR genius at work, yet again...
kmichalec is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:49 AM   #70
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmichalec View Post
Come on. Do you honestly believe this isn't another control leak, to generate buzz? This just ramped up the fever about the new phones even higher. Best "accident" in the world for Apple. Lets see, what's greater? Lose maybe a $10Mill in lost iP5S sales from those who will wait now, or gain another $25Mill in iP6 sales from heightened anticipation? Apple PR genius at work, yet again...
Apple doesn't need to do stuff like this to generate buzz. That's as silly as those who claim Apple intentionally restricts supply to artificially create demand.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:53 AM   #71
wlossw
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfletcher View Post
iPhone Air, anyone?
And iphone mini...
wlossw is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:59 AM   #72
samcraig
macrumors G5

6 and 6C - both one size.

----------

iPhone Air doesn't resonate with me. For a laptop it does. For an iPad it makes sense. These are items that typically are heavy - and other manufacturers have heavier devices. However - when it comes to a phone, "lightness" isn't that big of a deal to me.
samcraig is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:00 PM   #73
Armen
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewDude View Post
But hey, there is hope that a 5.5" iPhone will be released soon too then...hopefully.

Mind you, there could be other reasons for "2 iPhone 6", but the most likely one would be 4.7" and 5.5".

I just hope it's not just 4.7" 16GB and 4.7" 32GB.
there is no 5.5" iPhone. No leaks = no phone. Now the iWatch may be a different story if it is being manufactured here.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:02 PM   #74
chrisbru
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewDude View Post
But hey, there is hope that a 5.5" iPhone will be released soon too then...hopefully.

Mind you, there could be other reasons for "2 iPhone 6", but the most likely one would be 4.7" and 5.5".

I just hope it's not just 4.7" 16GB and 4.7" 32GB.
Two different model numbers - and model number is the same across storage sizes with all previous iPhones.

Could be 4" and 4.7", could be 4.7" and 5.5", could be two different cell spectrum standards. Who knows.
chrisbru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:04 PM   #75
LinksAwakener
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdugoten View Post
Your part number theory is not a very stable platform to stand on. In fact, you tell us "ignore these ones that don't fit the pattern". You lost all credibility by saying that. Furthermore, model numbers jump around quite frequently, you seem to be ignoring all other products in the Apple line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdugoten View Post
Regarding the leaked parts like the following link
http://www.macrumors.com/2014/07/28/...7-5-5-iphones/

It *can* be parts for Iphone 6 and Iphone 5CS/Iphone 6C because the size is not really greatly different if you ask me. 1 one them is a bit larger while the other 2 is about the same if you ask me.
Well from the image on the site you linked to, clearly the two new logic boards are larger and one is smaller--the one for iPhone 5S. I guess you see what you want to see...for example, let's ignore this screen that's clearly larger than a 5CS/6C device. leaked screen
LinksAwakener is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion