Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liberty.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Hello there,

is there any way to add a key sequence to one of the hot corners? For example: [Control] + [Option] + H + M

And a second question, do you have any experience with tools like Cinch, SizeUp, Optimal Layout, BetterSnapTool, TabLauncher, ...?

I used a Mac from 2007-2009 and switched to Windows afterwards. My desktop PC is still a Windows 8.1-machine and it's fine. But I had a chance of obtaining a rMBP 15,4" (2014) very cheaply and couldn't resist. But handling the windows feels a bit clumsy. So I really would like to do things like minimize all windows (Exposé/Mission Control move them out of sight, but do not minimize them) quite fast instead of pressing endless key sequences. Or something like "Aero Shake" would be incredible as well. In Windows you can click a window, wiggle it a bit and all other windows get minimized. So a bit like [Command] [Option] [H], but this key sequence just hides all other applications, not all other windows.

I hope you can help me out and suggest something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.