Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farshad040

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
I think my charger is broken like under the head of it is like tangled ., ive only had it for 1 year!!
Like when i plug in charger it will stop charging randomly then when i move the charger coord or wat is called .. It will charge again its really anoying cuz it vibrates so much to and i dunno how to turn it off and my phone dont get any power!!!!!

Farshad040

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
When it starts charging the phone the iphone shows it by vibrating but than randomly it stop charging and charging again making kt vibrate much . But right now the charger will barely charge the iphone the cord have to be in a specific postition ...

Farshad040

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
Why!?!!?! I only barely had it for a year and ive handled it pretty good!! Is this apple quality if so im damn changing i aint paying again

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Why!?!!?! I only barely had it for a year and ive handled it pretty good!! Is this apple quality if so im damn changing i aint paying again
Clearly something isn't right with the cable and/or the charger. If you had it for less than a year then I believe Apple can replace it for free under warranty.

Farshad040

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
Clearly something isn't right with the cable and/or the charger. If you had it for less than a year then I believe Apple can replace it for free under warranty.

This is ********.. I didnt order my phone i bought it from a shop so i can go to the same shop and ask for replacemnt? How much does a charger cost ? I live in sweden so its a little different i think?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This is ********.. I didnt order my phone i bought it from a shop so i can go to the same shop and ask for replacemnt? How much does a charger cost ? I live in sweden so its a little different i think?
Not sure about the details in Sweden. If it was from Apple or an actual authorized retailer you should still be able to get it done through them or by contacting Apple directly. Otherwise, you might need to buy a charger. Either an official one or some other one which can usually be had for fairly cheap (although, again, not sure about what the pricing is like of these things in Sweden).

----------

By the way, does this happen with any other devices you might have and use the charger with? Do you have another cable or charger you can try to use with your phone (even just temporarily borrow one from a friend or use it somewhere where there is another one)? Just to try to eliminate it being your phone by some chance. It sounds like it's not the phone, but there's always a possibility that the charging port in the phone is maybe full of dirt or something like that that is causing issues when charging.

Farshad040

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
Not sure about the details in Sweden. If it was from Apple or an actual authorized retailer you should still be able to get it done through them or by contacting Apple directly. Otherwise, you might need to buy a charger. Either an official one or some other one which can usually be had for fairly cheap (although, again, not sure about what the pricing is like of these things in Sweden).

----------

By the way, does this happen with any other devices you might have and use the charger with? Do you have another cable or charger you can try to use with your phone (even just temporarily borrow one from a friend or use it somewhere where there is another one)? Just to try to eliminate it being your phone by some chance. It sounds like it's not the phone, but there's always a possibility that the charging port in the phone is maybe full of dirt or something like that that is causing issues when charging.

Thanks for the help, im gonna try get it replaced if not then i will just buy one.. And im PRETTY sure its the chargers fault becuase when i move the cord to a different angle it starts charging but it stopped working . But thanks again for the help . :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for the help, im gonna try get it replaced if not then i will just buy one.. And im PRETTY sure its the chargers fault becuase when i move the cord to a different angle it starts charging but it stopped working . But thanks again for the help . :)
I'd double-check the phone's charging port just to be sure, maybe use a flashlight and blow some compressed air or gently use a toothpick to make sure nothing is stuck there and nothing strange shows up (like some broken pin or something like that).

applejuice99

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2013
I think my charger is broken like under the head of it is like tangled ., ive only had it for 1 year!!
Like when i plug in charger it will stop charging randomly then when i move the charger coord or wat is called .. It will charge again its really anoying cuz it vibrates so much to and i dunno how to turn it off and my phone dont get any power!!!!!

Do you have the same problem with other cables or chargers, because the issue could be with the phone??

lysola

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2014
Sounds as simple as getting a new charger. I know some people who have had to replace a couple of them now. Don't know if the new ones are more likely to crap out or if they're just unlucky or rough with chargers. Doubt your charger port in the phone is fried, but it's always a possibility.

Farshad040

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
Do you have the same problem with other cables or chargers, because the issue could be with the phone??

Doesent matter
Anymore, had to buy a new one... $25
The problem was when i unplugged the charger i did it wrong i was supposed to take my finger on the white top thing that goes into the usb , then drag it out ,but what i did was just drag the charger coord ... Which somehow ruined the top of the coord... Thats what the workers said at apple so i had to buy a new coord only....

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Doesent matter
Anymore, had to buy a new one... $25
The problem was when i unplugged the charger i did it wrong i was supposed to take my finger on the white top thing that goes into the usb , then drag it out ,but what i did was just drag the charger coord ... Which somehow ruined the top of the coord... Thats what the workers said at apple so i had to buy a new coord only....

Universal life lesson: always pull from the plug not the cord. This applies to basically every cable. I thought this was common sense but if not, you should've learned it in 6th grade home ec like I did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.