Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoRiden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
Hello!
So,i've searched the whole google and couldn't find any help,so now im here.
My story:

I was on my friends birthday and my iPhone's (4) battery went out. Ok,when i got home,i immediately hooked it up with charger. Waited about 2 minutes,still no Apple logo,i needed my phone asap and then i pressed power button. Everything seemed okay,apple logo showed up,but then... After like 3-4 minutes on Apple logo,screen went black (screen on,but just black,nothing else). So again,after another 3-4 minutes Apple logo showed up again and everything repeat.. I couldn't do anything,so i managed to get iPhone to recovery mode and restored my phone from iTunes,process went well,until setting up. I can choose language & region and then it says: Connect to iTunes. Okay.. Did it.. And on iTunes it shows the following message: There is a problem with your iPhone. As well,on phone it says Searching... (for signal) no matter if SIM card on or not..

I tried almost everything,restoring again,restoring with another computer,another user account,but nothing :(

iPhone was jailbroken with that weird chiniese/asian jailbreak,it worked well tho.
+ i don't have any backups too, sadly.

What do i need to do? Don't have any shsh files or so,to downgrade to another firmware or something.

I'm from Estonia so my English might not be the best,hope you can understand me well :)

Rene

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Can you try to download an official ios version and flash that onto the device?

Perhaps the ios jb version is corrupt somehow?

CoRiden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
Can you try to download an official ios version and flash that onto the device?

Perhaps the ios jb version is corrupt somehow?

Thank you for reply! :)
Yes,i downloaded official ios 7.1.2 from iTunes, no success..

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Man, that's a shame. It was a dead battery I can almost guarantee it. You should have just waited for it to charge for awhile before trying to turn it back on. If the battery gets low enough, it won't boot even while plugged in until it has charged enough.

I think you wiped your phone for nothing.

CoRiden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
Man, that's a shame. It was a dead battery I can almost guarantee it. You should have just waited for it to charge for awhile before trying to turn it back on. If the battery gets low enough, it won't boot even while plugged in until it has charged enough.

I think you wiped your phone for nothing.

So,did i fu*ked it up and there's no fix for it? Maybe changing the battery or so?
We couldn't change the past :(

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
No, I'm sure it's recoverable, I just don't know what to tell you on that. Hopefully someone smarter than me will come along and help you out.

I hope you didn't take what I said the wrong way, either. I wasn't trying to be rude about it.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
When you say "There is a problem with the iPhone", did iTunes give you an explanation as to what the problem was? Usually iTunes will give an error code along with a brief description as to what is wrong during a restore.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
are you getting any charge at all?
what error codes in iTunes?
Upgrade to the latest fw on your device
Try to let it charge on another cable/charger

IMO this sounds more like you have to go through the initial setup in your phone itself to get your phone with iOS 7 to unlock to be able to have a signal ;) (If this is your phone…)

CoRiden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
are you getting any charge at all?
what error codes in iTunes?
Upgrade to the latest fw on your device
Try to let it charge on another cable/charger

IMO this sounds more like you have to go through the initial setup in your phone itself to get your phone with iOS 7 to unlock to be able to have a signal ;) (If this is your phone…)

Yes,iPhone is charging well.
Please visit the Service Answer Center to find answers to all your questions about service options, warranty and other processes in your country.
To find your nearest Apple Store, click here.

How could i upgrade on device when i couldn't get past activation screen? That's the problem..
I don't have any extra cables..
Anyway trying to update on new windows,i'll let you know how it goes..

E: Still same problem.

Last edited:

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Yes,iPhone is charging well.

How could i upgrade on device when i couldn't get past activation screen? That's the problem..
I don't have any extra cables..
Anyway trying to update on new windows,i'll let you know how it goes..

E: Still same problem.

What is the issue on the activation screen? What's happening that is not letting you past it? Is the phone yours?

CoRiden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
What is the issue on the activation screen? What's happening that is not letting you past it? Is the phone yours?

It just says Connected to iTunes and nothing more..
Yes,phone is mine.. It all happened after that battery thing..

CoRiden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
I'm confused you activated the phone correct? Or did you use a program to bypass it?

Can't get past activation screen,it just says Connected to iTunes and that's all. And on iTunes it says there's a problem with your iPhone... Are there any programs to bypass activation screen? Before that issue phone was working well,no problems.

anaqvi786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
At iOS planet
I remember seeing a YouTube video where someone used redsn0w on iOS 6 and bypassed setup by deleting the setup.app folder and then restarting the phone. I think that on iOS 7 the process might be a bit different...

Did you try a hard reset and then setting up? Just press the home and power button simultaneously and then wait for the phone to reboot.

CoRiden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
Just nothing seems to work,still same ****,have been using android all that time and i want ios back soooo badly.. :/ Maybe there's still anyone who can help me somehow? I have a deep feeling that i'm screwed and have to buy new device..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.