Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marikins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
I have an app that works on iPhone. I want it to work on iPad, too. I copied the storyboard and renamed it iPad-storyboard.storyboard. I changed the plist to refer to this file for iPad and it does. I have updated the storyboard file height and width to match the IPad dimensions but it will not take. I can edit it within Xcode or I can use an external editor. I can change the name of the storyboard and import it, I can clean before and after. It is still remembering the old one.

Anybody have any ideas how I can copy an existing storyboard for use as an iPad storyboard?

TrentS

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
iPhone? Or iPad?

I'm not sure exactly the problem you are having. But I built my whole app for the iPhone, and then realized I really wanted it for the iPad. So after trying to roll it completely over to the iPad version in xcode, I figured out that I just had to start from zero and recode it all in an xcode iPad file. Copying and pasting stuff didn't work for me.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.