Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014
"Introducing Pegatron LaundryBot Model 0.1 - the robot that hangs out your washing"

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014
Or Maybe the 5.5 iPhone is being made at Neverland (not that Neverland Mansion)

*spoken in a broad Scottish accent*:

My sources have confirmed that the 5.5" Disney exist...

Attachments

• nms983kf3j4.png
    nms983kf3j4.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 73

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Interesting isn't it.

How bit by bit, the nearer and near we are getting to launch, what's NOT going to be seen.

No Sapphire screen
Lack of 5.5" info

It's leaking more and more to quash expectations of what may be announced.
Funny that isn't it.

One could almost feel like someone is deliberately manipulating expectations :)

They must have read your post and quickly instructed the WSJ to release some further "controlled leaks".

:eek:

Mr Fide

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
When companies cut their margins to the bone to win business, do you think they celebrate winning orders like this, or could this be a loss leader on a massive scale?

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
They must have read your post and quickly instructed the WSJ to release some further "controlled leaks".

:eek:

Oh no, If you mentally stand back and what the leaks over the past few weeks, couple of months, you can see a gentle movement in expectation manipulation going on, that will be shaped more as we get to the say or the unveiling.

I don't believe for one moment Apple are stupid enough to ignore customer expectations. If they know, because someone said something and they new has spread and is now at high expectation levels, and Apple know the, whatever is is, it not ready for launch, but thousands are expecting it, there will be some pre launch media manipulation to quash something big that's not happening.

You don't want the world at your show with a strong expectation, and they all come away disappointed.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Also, the most glaring void in Europe missing an Apple store is Denmark. Been told many stories about Danish cronies keeping it from happening. I'd love to get a full story whom knows that market well.

Denmark is certainly an odd omission.

Poor Denmark, even Borat's homeland of Kazakhstan has an Apple Store!? I kid… I kid. :D

----------

1. If ANYONE criticizes you for your choice in a tech gimmick, why on earth would you consider this person to be your friend???

IMO that depends on the severity of the criticism. If a "friend" simply pokes occasional fun of you, or chides you, then it's harmless. Just ignore their uninformed views. In fact, married couples do this ALL the time. My Dad always complains and criticizes my Mom for preferring to watch those sappy "soaps" on TV, etc. Like a typical man, he prefers more masculine shows. Does that mean such relationships are doomed? Well they've been married for over 35 years.

Now, if the criticism is on the level of the other person UNABLE to accept your choice, then it's time to break off the relationship/friendship.

If the so-called friend was on a crusade to try to convert me to Windows/Android and repeatedly telling me to abandon the "deviant" practice of being an inferior Apple/Mac/iOS user…. then that is not a friend worth keeping.

Iamthinking

Suspended
Jul 31, 2010
Musicians can only use iOS? Okay, it's a falacy, but if it will move the conversation forward. Sure. You win. Now if you'd care for discourse regarding the vast majority of mobile customers instead of a small subset, I'm more than willing.

I'm glad to know that you have your finger on the pulse of the MI space and can definitively define us a "small subset".

Or we could both cease threadjacking and discuss something actually related to the OP. :eek:

It's kind of related to the original thread, which is, if you're going to post a claim like absolutely parity and purely a "personal preference", then actually be prepared to backup your bs and talking out of your ass. Quite clearly you don't know what your talking about, so why post it?

...still waiting for those pro audio android links. Can't find any? Oh ya, it doesn't matter because it's a small market -- according to the "expert". My bet is that there are other "small subset" markets that can only use ios for a tablet/phone hardware choice, but will not pretend to post about those other markets because I have no first hand knowledge about it (which is actually different than "anecdotal evidence"), another concept you fail to grasp.
...but by all means keep on posting out of your ass and contributing zero to the discussion. Have fun!

-iamthinking

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
Please help me with this if you can.
I am the only one among my friends that has Apple products. When i'm asked why Apple are better and not a junk i don't know what to replay to them objectively (i just tell them that they require my needs and that it) they told me, that other products cheaper and better can do that

Forgot to tell that they never used an iOS or OSX.
They tell me a lot that iphone is not a smartphone

They tell me a lot that i am a fool and Apple is just a profit company

Think you need cooler friends!

----------

Interesting isn't it.

How bit by bit, the nearer and near we are getting to launch, what's NOT going to be seen.

No Sapphire screen
Lack of 5.5" info

It's leaking more and more to quash expectations of what may be announced.
Funny that isn't it.

One could almost feel like someone is deliberately manipulating expectations :)

But let's no forget the REAL purpose of those thick ugly rubber bands on the back of the iPhone 6 chassis. Wait for it.......

WATER PROOOF!!!

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
I'm glad to know that you have your finger on the pulse of the MI space and can definitively define us a "small subset".

It's kind of related to the original thread, which is, if you're going to post a claim like absolutely parity and purely a "personal preference", then actually be prepared to backup your bs and talking out of your ass. Quite clearly you don't know what your talking about, so why post it?

...still waiting for those pro audio android links. Can't find any? Oh ya, it doesn't matter because it's a small market -- according to the "expert". My bet is that there are other "small subset" markets that can only use ios for a tablet/phone hardware choice, but will not pretend to post about those other markets because I have no first hand knowledge about it (which is actually different than "anecdotal evidence"), another concept you fail to grasp.
...but by all means keep on posting out of your ass and contributing zero to the discussion. Have fun!

-iamthinking

Did you not see where I said you win? Why are you continuing down this road? Can't you be a gracious winner and drop it? Just to reiterate for you. Musicians were the topic of my original post. Since the vast majority of iOS users are musicians, my premise that iOS and Android have reached parity is patently wrong. You are right. I searched and searched the internet and couldn't find one reference to a musician using Android. Right again for you. Congrats. I severely underestimated the forcefulness of your argument and the compelling nature of your narrative. -iamthinking: that's a totally apropos name. You should be proud.

Gonna go rest my butt cheeks now. Ass is tired of typing.;)

MuppetGate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2012
Oh no, If you mentally stand back and what the leaks over the past few weeks, couple of months, you can see a gentle movement in expectation manipulation going on, that will be shaped more as we get to the say or the unveiling.

I don't believe for one moment Apple are stupid enough to ignore customer expectations. If they know, because someone said something and they new has spread and is now at high expectation levels, and Apple know the, whatever is is, it not ready for launch, but thousands are expecting it, there will be some pre launch media manipulation to quash something big that's not happening.

You don't want the world at your show with a strong expectation, and they all come away disappointed.

I think what you're seeing is the press back-pedalling without any help from Apple. They've pushed this idea of the 5.5-inch phone for months, and now that September is almost here, they're thinking that they could be wrong. So rather than just admit that they got it wrong they'll do the usual: blame its non-appearance on 'manufacturing difficulties' or 'supply constraints'.

sethlution

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
I maybe in the minority but I never get first generation anything! 5s guy!Soooooo!!!

EVERYBODY LISTEN!!!!!!!

Please get all the bugs out for me!!! Thank you for your service! 2nd is for me!!!:cool:

Yeah I'm also a 5S guy. Though the bigger iPhone might tempt me for an early upgrade this time around :D

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
Yeah I'm also a 5S guy. Though the bigger iPhone might tempt me for an early upgrade this time around :D
I previously owned an 4S then switched to Android (Galaxy Note II, S4(stolen), now HTC M8), I didn't like the smaller screen on the 5/5S also the typing experience due the right screen size and gesture assisted typing (swype) kept me at the Android realm at least on phone, coz on tablet Android tablets are far away the iPad, on Android I learned that Phablet are good for gaming, watching movies, and pull down your pants, but the s4 and m8 are perfect in size for typing, watch videos and occasional gaming too, but Android os it's anarchy, software quality sucks, device vendor's decide when your hardware it's obsolete (typically 2 year after launched) and don't update it, etc etc.

I'm waiting the new iPhone 6 to switch back again it have every feature why I moved to Android.

acejunker

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2014
I used android for an year. First six months it performed well. Then performance drop was dramatic to say the least. Switched to 5S. Been 8 months. Loaded to brim with apps. No signs of performance drop. Still going strong. The only down side is you have to pay a premium price. But the experience is worth it. Got an iPad Air. A joy. No problems yet. I think I can use them for another 2 years at least . iPad battery life is awesome to say the least. And the feeling that you have THE iPhone is priceless. It's not just plain marketing. Hell they have a product that's much better than competition.

D-Dave

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
Ah, lighten up. If the mocking is all in good fun that's what friends do. It's like needling a friend for being a fan of certain sport team or driving a POS car OR a way too showy car or an a$$ awful band, or generally bad taste in anything, wine women, whatever.

Now if the criticism is mean spirited, not in jest, then OK, but then there are other deep rooted problems in that friendship. I don't expect my friends to be in lock step with me and wouldn't want them too. Boring & no personal growth opportunity.
Pretty much with you on that toppic...but my perception of "criticising" is with a negative / agressive tone....while mockery is great fun (if in a good spirit)...

3. was meant to be funny....you know...friends don't let friends do xyz
....anyway, a joke you have to explain is a bad joke...so I apologize for that one ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.