Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IndyBob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Indianapolis
I am about to replace my wife's Windows computer with an iMac. One thing she really likes is the Windows Solitaire game.

I did some searching and there are a lot of Solitaire games for Mac. Does anyone know of one that is very close to the Windows one?

Thanks

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
You might try Full Deck Solitare from the App Store. I haven't found anything that has the feel and look (quality) of the Windows version, but this one is close. It has this annoying background of waves on a beach. At first I hated it, now kind of used to it and soothing :)

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I checked it out and it is pretty good. IMO $15 a little pricey however. And it lacks a couple features I like compared to the one I noted above:

1) hint (so you know if you have made all possible moves...I know, I know, it's cheating)
2) on games where you can get long strings of cards (like spider), it does not seem to compact the card stack as smartly as Full Deck. I suppose that's kind of minor though.

I like the visual appearance though. Will play the demo a little longer to see if it offers enough to justify the price tag. Frankly, I think Solitaire games ought to be priced no more than $5 (which is the cost of Full Deck).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.