Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Hey so I got ios7.1.2 jailbreak Pangu and in cydia when I go to installed in expert mode there is libhide(something to hide icons or whatever) Do I need it? I didn't want to remove anything in expert mode(only user) before asking you.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Ok thanks! Well I won't touch anything in expert mode because they may be important.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Winterboard (and other tweaks) depend on libhide.
One way to know if your iPhone needs it is to check before confirming the deletion of the tweak if there are other affected tweaks that will also delete.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Libhide is a perfectly harmless support library. Even if it's an orphaned dependency, it's no harm to leave it. Unless it's being used by something, it won't even run. And it's tiny.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Libhide is a perfectly harmless support library. Even if it's an orphaned dependency, it's no harm to leave it. Unless it's being used by something, it won't even run. And it's tiny.

True. . . true… yet even a grain of sand can irritate at the bottom of your sneakers.

Stefanmz7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
Well,thanks guys. Now I know that it is connected with my Winterboard so I won't remove it. Good that it is small.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
If you don't know what it is or didn't install it yourself, leave it alone.

Exactly.
It should go without saying but find something else to do instead of removing random stuff you don't know what they are or do.
It wont turn out good and you might end up stuck restoring.
Same goes to people that go on an ifile cleanup sweep and start removing files and folder left and right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.