Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Assuming the iphone 6 actually looks like that, what do you think of the design?

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
What does this mean for you?

See for me, its mostly about iOS 8. While I'll never completely move away from iOS/iPhone, I did have a few key things I really wanted in the next iPhone/iOS:

-Larger display
-Quick Reply
-Better Email Attachment options
-Swype typing

I'm FOR SURE getting three of those. And I have the sneaking suspicion we'll see iCloud Drive take care of the email attachment issue.

Other than that, the processor in the 5S is already faster than anything on the app store can take advantage of. I'll definitely be up for the obligatory camera updates, but the 5S camera is great for me already. A thinner design with the same or slightly better battery life is all I'm looking for. The fact that likely all 4 of my desires will be taken care of just further cements me in the Apple ecosystem.

Just looking at the best phones out there at this moment, the Galaxy S5, is an amazing phone, amazing screen and camera, super fast quad core processor, silky smooth operation. The LG G3 takes it a step further with the best screen out there (4K), even better camera and a great battery. The HTC M One8 is right up there, and has the best sound out of the 3. If the iPhone 6 can take some of those upgrades, and can compete with those phones, I'd be interested. Better camera, better sound, better screen quality, very powerful processor, If the iphone 6 can get some of those, I'm in. I love the iPhone and I love iOS, and have hundreds of apps, some of them I can't get on Google Play, BUT, I have an Android tablet, and I love the openness of the operating system, and how you can truly make the appearance your own, that part is more fun. AND, Google Play is catching up to the App Store.

abozen195

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2014
But yep I agree we can't really give up on ios ... Though I traded my iPhone 5s for HTC m8(which I adore), I actually bought myself Apple iPod 5th Gen after buying htc m8 lol :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.