Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
In what way? I've been testing Yosemite since the first release after WWDC, but not on a production system. I was thinking of installing some of my work software onto Yosemite to test it. I'm interested in what problem you saw with Parallels.

You get an error that the service couldn't start and it will not load.

The19th

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
NorCal
Quick question. Is it safe to install DP6 Delta over the Public Beta?

I'm currently running a PB1-DP5-DP6 install path and it seems to be working fine so far.

The computer really doesn't care if you went PB1 -> DP6, but obtaining further updates might prove to be a challenge. Those who went PB1 -> DP5 report that DP6 isn't showing up in their MAS/Software Updates.

Additionally, if they were official developers, they would be able to sign into the mac dev center and download updates from there.

Innise

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
The animation when you go into "Overview / Tab" mode in Safari is now way faster. I like.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Check out the hideous color picker!
View attachment 486134

If you want to live backwards, feel free to do so. That is the future of the color pickers, a new minimalist style, with a futuristic look and smoothness, and whoever says the opposite...
... ok I can't do it. I love the new Yosemite design, but that color picker is one of the most awful graphics in computer history. Who the heck approved it?

morrison22

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2013
I'm currently running a PB1-DP5-DP6 install path and it seems to be working fine so far.

The computer really doesn't care if you went PB1 -> DP6, but obtaining further updates might prove to be a challenge. Those who went PB1 -> DP5 report that DP6 isn't showing up in their MAS/Software Updates.

Additionally, if they were official developers, they would be able to sign into the mac dev center and download updates from there.

Ok. Thank you for the information. I will assume other than a chance of not seeing DP 7 in Software Updates, it is safe to update directly to DP 6 from PB.

RobFog

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2012
I have a lot of trouble using the new flat UI. Having a bunch of overlapping windows open just looks like a sea of indistinct gray blobs. Turning off the translucency helps some, but I find myself constantly pausing to try to figure out just what I'm looking at.
I hope you’re sending Apple feedback. :)

The19th

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
NorCal
If you want to live backwards, feel free to do so. That is the future of the color pickers, a new minimalist style, with a futuristic look and smoothness, and whoever says the opposite...
... ok I can't do it. I love the new Yosemite design, but that color picker is one of the most awful graphics in computer history. Who the heck approved it?

I LOLed, because this is how I feel. It feels like they scaled the color depth back a bit too much with the crayons.

adm58

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
Weird that all the new wallpapers are different resolutions:

Wave (from Mavericks): 5120x2880
Yosemite: 5418x3048
Yosemite 2: 5013x2820
Yosemite 3: 5932x3338
Yosemite 4: 4832x2718
Yosemite 5: 4166x2343

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I LOLed, because this is how I feel. It feels like they scaled the color depth back a bit too much with the crayons.

not sure, but for some reason as soon as I saw it, H.P. Lovecraft's "The colour out of space" popped in my mind.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
the word "trash" in the finder is now a lot easier to read :D

futmhg.jpg

... thats sarcasm btw

MallardDuck

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2014
Quick question. Is it safe to install DP6 Delta over the Public Beta? Or would I need to install all the DP's 1-5 first?

Remember, delta updates don't include previous deltas (only Combo's do). Think of the PB as a separate release channel - pick one (DP or PB) and stick with it.

The19th

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
NorCal
Ok. Thank you for the information. I will assume other than a chance of not seeing DP 7 in Software Updates, it is safe to update directly to DP 6 from PB.

Keep in mind that PB1 was a full installer, and PB1 and DP4 were fairly close in build numbers. Updating with the DP5 delta installer should have updated the necessary components.

Installing a delta DP6 over PB1 might not update a component that was previously updated in DP5 (hence the nature of delta vs combo/full installers)

jfischer

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2014
Safari and Browsing History

I am pretty sure in Mavericks that if I cleared the history in Safari, that's *all* it cleared (just the list of sites visited). However, in Yosemite it seems that clearing the history really clears everything, cookies, history, push notifications - the works.

Is there a way to have it just clear the history of sites visited, but not whack the cookies and push notifications?

Before the wiseacres chime in, I do know what Private Window is for :) I just like to keep my list of visited sites to a short list in the normal Safari browsing experience.

The19th

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
NorCal
Weird that all the new wallpapers are different resolutions:

Wave (from Mavericks): 5120x2880
Yosemite: 5418x3048
Yosemite 2: 5013x2820
Yosemite 3: 5932x3338
Yosemite 4: 4832x2718
Yosemite 5: 4166x2343

Probably related to differences in cameras the photographer used, cropping, post processing, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.