Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
Wow? How can so many people have miss this? Love this one! And nooooooo, I didn't cry! :rolleyes:
Their is a full version they aired! It's pretty long compared to this clip! All should check it out where ever it is!

Last edited:

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
Technically, it's a good Ad. But it's sappy and emotive.

A big hit with Grandmas, no doubt, but it's not the sort of thing that makes Apple look cool or resonate with youth.

The more recent "stickers" ad was much better, in my opinion.

That was also a good ad. Different targets, both probably equally effective in the long run.

MacVista

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
New Apple with Beats will need new ad agency.
Less class, more 'hood and affluent gangsta raw, like Mr Drek. :apple:

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/

A big hit with Grandmas, no doubt, but it's not the sort of thing that makes Apple look cool or resonate with youth.

Yeah. This sappy, emotional ad targets certain people and wins them over despite being cheesy, but there are ads that are just good, period. I thought the "Stickers" ad was pretty good overall even though it was aimed more at college students.

If they want to make an ad that'll make me almost cry, they could show a guy sitting at his Mac for hours then eventually finding that nasty evasive bug in his code. That victory dance I pulled off when I found the "3 Day Bug" in my code (accidental override of an instance variable) will never be beaten.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

That's why Apple is so successful. They appeal to the youth and their grandmothers.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002

You're only a youth for a very short time. And guess who pays for these devices? This ad put the youth and the device in a good productive light, making the earners in the family willing to buy them one. Hoping they'll make an awesome family video too!

----------

Yeah. This sappy, emotional ad targets certain people and wins them over despite being cheesy, but there are ads that are just good, period. I thought the "Stickers" ad was pretty good overall even though it was aimed more at college students.

If they want to make an ad that'll make me almost cry, they could show a guy sitting at his Mac for hours then eventually finding that nasty evasive bug in his code. That victory dance I pulled off when I found the "3 Day Bug" in my code (accidental override of an instance variable) will never be beaten.

Or just show slomos of a laptop being dropped off a table.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
That’s all Apple needed. That an ad company they’ve been dissing won an Emmy for an Apple ad. I thought that it might have been a win for an ad done by one of the thousand people Apple hired to do ads in house.

Regardless people’s taste, the ad works. An underlying message is for the moms and pops who will be the ones to choose what computer to buy for their little ones. In which case it is an ad that creates solid Apple devotees in children.

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Great commerical

I loved this from the moment I first saw it. You can't get any better interpretation of what a person can do with the smallest, most powerful device. It is very heart warming and is perfect for the season. I hope they run it every Christmas.

harmonthe3rd

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2010
Appleton, WI
Misunderstood

New Apple with Beats will need new ad agency.
Less class, more 'hood and affluent gangsta raw, like Mr Drek. :apple:

The name of the commercial best describes your take on the Apple and Beats acquisition. Apple has for years based its acquisitions on the talent the company offers and not just the product. Sad to see you feel differently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.