Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I just restored my phone and set up as a new device. Now the only way to get my photos back on it is to use Photostream. Can I transfer the photos from photostream to my Camera roll?

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Yes, its possible to save an image from Photo Stream to Camera Roll. Go to the Photo Stream album, tap on an individual image, then the share/export icon in the bottom left marked by the rectangle with the arrow (don't confuse with AirPlay icon), then select Save to Camera Roll, the bottom-most option.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Yes, its possible to save an image from Photo Stream to Camera Roll. Go to the Photo Stream album, tap on an individual image, then the share/export icon in the bottom left marked by the rectangle with the arrow (don't confuse with AirPlay icon), then select Save to Camera Roll, the bottom-most option.

I meant to copy all images. I know I can do that, but it's so time consuming when I have ~400 image that I want to transfer.

Shozy

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2012
Im having trouble with saving photos to camera roll from photo stream.
When I select the option; "save to camera roll" nothing, absolutely nothing happens.
How do I solve this?????

elia23

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2012
When saving from stream to roll, how can i preserve date taken?

on the iPad, I have saved photos from Stream to Roll then edited keywords and ratings in PhotosInfo Pro and exported to DropBox, but the date taken becomes incorrect when i transfer from stream to roll. help!!

jhencken

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2011
University Place, WA
no Select All option?

Perhaps something has changed with a recent software update, but when I click on Edit, the only options I get are Share, Save, and Delete.

Can you advise?

juliefarr2

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2014
Saving ALL photos from photo stream to Camera Roll

First select the stream with the photos you want to save.
Ideally you will see Select on the top right of the screen.
If you do not, and see instead something like

TODAY
XXX posted 214 items
Trip XXX >

Select Trip XXX and then you should see Select on the right. Hit Select. Then select the photos (you have to do one by one but it goes fast) and at the end you'll see see the icon (square with arrow) to choose and then choose Save to Camera Roll

Yoshukaitony

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2015

Yoshukaitony

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2015

Can we do the same with video because I tried with video and it won't let me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.