Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded Mavericks 10.9.5 build 13F18 to developers, just under a week after seeding the third OS X 10.9.5 beta, build 13F14, and more than a month after releasing OS X 10.9.4 to the public.

The beta is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and through the Mac Developer Center.

Screen-Shot-2014-08-19-at-1.32.50-PM.jpg
It is unclear what improvements the 10.9.5 update will bring to Mavericks, but it is likely to include bug fixes and stability enhancements. Apple is asking developers to focus on USB, USB Smart Cards, Graphics, Safari, Thunderbolt, and Gatekeeper.

Along with working on improvements to Mavericks, Apple is also beta testing OS X Yosemite, which is due to be released in the fall. The last Mavericks update, 10.9.4, added several Wi-Fi fixes and improved wake from sleep reliability.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 Build 13F18 to Developers

Vulkan

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2005
Useless, TX
Is there a way to download this build without the pesky "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility" I am a registered developer but all I get is the utility and I want the dmg to update the image for testing.

Is there another way or it is what it is?

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
They seeded the betas on this faster than usual, 5 days and now 6 days between releases, not even a week. I guess it'll be released tomorrow to the public.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
It would be nice if they went back to the about leopard days where the is would be sound long enough to have the bugs fixed before the next one is released with more bugs

ncollingridge

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
I know that this is too much to hope for, but I do wish they would fix the egregious flaw that causes the "Disk Not Ejected Properly" messages for USB drives that have not been disconnected.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Is there a way to download this build without the pesky "OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility" I am a registered developer but all I get is the utility and I want the dmg to update the image for testing.

Is there another way or it is what it is?

There are direct links to the delta and combo update in apple's developer forums. This way you can download the installers and keep them in case you need to reinstall, or if the mac app store isn't working, or install onto several computers without having to redownload each time.

They are only meant for developers, so don't post the links here on macrumors.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Appleseed gets almost every seed the developers get. There are a few that don't make it there but it's rare.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Another reason why I think there may be a few more builds yet is that if you get the installer from the direct link and open it, there is no feature list there yet. There often is in the last beta before public release.

Swiss-G

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2010
United Kingdom
This build breaks Parallels Desktop 9. Same error as 10.10 DP6.
Unable to start Parallels services. Problem ID: 15381
The work around for DP6 does not work.

Last edited:

Vulkan

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2005
Useless, TX
There are direct links to the delta and combo update in apple's developer forums. This way you can download the installers and keep them in case you need to reinstall, or if the mac app store isn't working, or install onto several computers without having to redownload each time.

They are only meant for developers, so don't post the links here on macrumors.

The reason I ask in particular is because I am a developer with Developer access, but I cannot find the point upgrades in full, just the beta seed program. I agree that links shouldn't be posted here but can you tell me where specifically I can find it?

Thanks!

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Apple's developer forums are here: https://developer.apple.com/devforums/

You need to sign in with your developer id and be subscribed to the mac developer program.

When you are in, just click on mac development and then os x betas and you will see a whole heap of threads, some of which are about the direct links, but I can't be more specific than that.

Alternatively, you could just use the search facility if you have trouble finding what you want.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Make it a good one, Apple. Take all the time you need to get it right.

I do hope they take their time. As Yosemite official release gets near, that means the Mavericks updates will eventually dwindle down to…. nothing.

This is probably the last, or second to the last, Mavericks update, so let's hope Apple makes it a good one.

I won't be touching Yosemite for months after the official release. Mavericks is smooth like butter for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.