Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the iPhone 6 launch less than a month away, we've been seeing new images of leaked parts on a near daily basis. Multiple images of both the front panel and the rear shell of the 4.7-inch device have surfaced, but for the first time, the two parts have been photographed together, giving us our clearest look yet at Apple's upcoming iPhone 6.

iphone6assembled.jpg
Shared by luxury iPhone vendor Feld & Volk [Instagram page] high quality images of the two parts show the glossy front panel's slightly tapered edges melding seamlessly into the rounded edges of the rear shell for a sleek, continuous curve.

iphone6assembled4.jpg
Top view of 4.7-inch iPhone 6

A side view of the two pieces together also gives us a good idea of just how thin Apple's newest iPhone will be. Assembled, the iPhone 6 is expected to be significantly thinner than the 7.6mm thick iPhone 5s, coming in at approximately 7mm.

phone6assembled3.jpg
Side view of 4.7-inch iPhone 6

With its softly rounded corners and redesigned pill-shaped volume buttons, the iPhone 6 closely resembles the style of the iPad mini, iPad Air, and newest iPod touch. Shell images also suggest the iPhone 6 will adopt redesigned speaker holes, a round True Tone flash, an embedded Apple logo, and a relocated right-side power button for easier one-handed use.

iphone6assembled2.jpg
It's important to note that Feld and Volk's images still depict unfinished iPhone 6 parts that are in rough condition, and Apple's completed device will undoubtedly look even more polished.

Along with the assembled front panel and rear shell, we've seen virtually every other iPhone 6 part, giving us a fairly good idea of what to expect from the device. For a full walkthrough of each aspect of the iPhone 6, make sure to check out our roundup.

Article Link: New iPhone 6 Images Depict Rear Shell and Front Panel Together for the First Time

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Looks like Apple went retro like the original iPhone but at the same time it sorta looks like a iPod touch.

Last edited:

regular

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2014
Shoot...this looking more likely that the 5.5" version won't show up next month.

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
but that big stripe on the back... why? just why? I can handle a protruding camera, but horizontal stripes look silly IMO. There is too little material on the bottom/top. I prefer the way it was done on the current gen iPhones - a bit of glass.

JT24

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2014
What does everyone think of this design? I can't be the only one who thinks this phone is ugly as heck.

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
What does everyone think of this design? I can't be the only one who thinks this phone is ugly as heck.

Maybe it's the color combination throwing you off? The front should be white with that back color

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
but that big stripe on the back... why? just why? I can handle a protruding camera, but horizontal stripes look silly IMO. There is too little material on the bottom/top. I prefer the way it was done on the current gen iPhones - a bit of glass.

Opposite with me, I can deal with the lines and not the camera. I imagine going to set it on the desk and it will just wabble when typing on it. An overexageration of the protrusion in my mind, but the non-flush stings me.

creanium

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
The lightning port looks recessed. Looks like only official Apple cables will fit in there? Not even MFI cables would fit it looks like

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
Looks like I'll be getting this. Was leaning on getting the white version but I can't imagine it looking better than that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.